Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I'm Not A CPA, Dammit.

They had a BooHoo breakfast for all us with Kindergartners. None of us were boohooing. Well, one was, but we stayed away from her. We weren’t sure what her problem was. The rest of us were more like, “Yahoo!!” Actually, that’s not true. The only two women I really knew there are like me. We suddenly don’t have kids at home, for the first time. I don’t want to say we’re lost, but we stayed longer at the breakfast than the rest because it just felt funny not going home to anyone.

Anyway, I had to stop by the school and finish the transferal of Treasurer duties. Do you know, they have a frickin’ BOX for me in the daggum office?! Yes! It has my damn name on it, front and center! And to make it frickin’ worse, they had already started sticking shit in it! There were things addressed to me!

I said to the secretary, “Oh. I see I have a… box.”
“Yes, “ she said cheerfully, “I made it up yesterday!”
Bah! I don’t want no freaking box!

Bills for me to pay, checks for me to disperse. Dammit. They were serious. I’m going to have to work at this job. And… And… And… I had never given any thought as to who gets money from the school Treasurer!!! I have paper people, because schools use paper. The teachers, because they buy supplies. We have over 20 teachers… all with invoices. Then all the computer bills, because we have computer tech support. I have people pulling me in the hallway saying, “Now don’t pay this bill, because they owe us for last year.. and…”. I’m standing there thinking, “Please tell me someone has all this crap written down and that someone isn’t just keeping notes in their damn heads.” Oh and I could go on and on. Luckily I am on the best of terms with the front office, I please and thank you them to death since I know their jobs suck. I know I’ll be living there over the next two years. Bah! No wonder the past School Treasurer is always so daggum giddy on the phone with me. She’s saying, “Suuuucker!”

3 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

It should come together for you right around the time your two years are up! (snicker)

Seriously, my mom always seemed to be one to get volunteered or stuck into spots like that. She really didn't seem to mind, other than the first couple weeks. People telling her all their tips and shortcuts, and of course, they didn't match anyone else's tips. Once things got rolling, she just smiled when offered advice, and then did it her way. It'll come together soon for ya.

If not, at least we know we'll get plenty of posts to read! Your suffering will be our entertainment! :)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

What T1G said. The more miserable YOU are, the better for the rest of your loving blogfamily ;-)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh that's just nice, fellas. Watching me wallow in my misery and laughing at it! Heh.

We do OJT on Monday. That should be a real treat.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home