Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

About Boudicca's Voice

I have garnered some new readers in the last couple months and blog Bro Jeff at Au Fait gently prodded me today that I should update my new readers on some of the inside stuff regarding my blog. He is right. You can see the basics about me in my profile, but here is some additional info. I’ll be putting this post on my sidebar and updating as need be.

I will strive to ensure my blog is not one that is ever banned by someone's work due to content. Should I link to ANYTHING not safe for work, I will tell you in big bold letters so there is no missing it.

On my blog, my real blood no kidding family are referred as:
Dad: The Great Omnipotent One
Mom: Mom
sister: Morrigan
brother: Toluca Nole

Politics:
I’m an independent, never voting party line. I do not like George Bush, but being the daughter of a Viet Nam Vet, I cannot stand John Kerry. I loathe his wife Teresa. ‘Nuff said.

I do not believe the USA will spontaneously combust if who ‘I’ view as the worst candidate wins. I do not hate those who vote for Kerry. It is a free country and democratic elections and exercising your right to vote against who YOU view is the biggest loser is YOUR right. I have NEVER voted FOR a President, sad to say, but only AGAINST who I view is the biggest dork.

Sayings:
I curse in real life, more than I should. I try to refrain with my kids around, but it is difficult. My blog will overall not be filled with smut, but I will curse from time to time. Well… more than time to time. It’s gonna happen.

My favorite saying right now is Holy Crap, Lions Tours! It’s a saying a lot of us use now and we got it from HERE. (Turn on your speakers. It cracks me up.) I referenced it in THIS 'not one of my better parenting moments' post.

I often refer to myself as the Crazy Lady as my blog daughter VWBug of One Happy Dog Speaks, and long time friend from college, has two little boys, her youngest being 1. He just now started to like me, and I’ve been working really hard making a complete fool of myself to get this far, but for the longest time I used to put on this fake voice like I was him talking and I would say things like, “MOOOOM! Get the Crazy Lady away from me!!!!”

Blog Family:

There are two bloggers who influenced me in blogging. First is Grau from Frizzensparks, the first blog I ever found, and the second is Harvey of Bad Example, who really really ‘gently’ poked and prodded me to start blogging… something I am glad he did. You will see my Blog Family spiked out on my Blog Roll

Personal Stuff:
I am the reluctant Treasurer of the Home and School Board for my kid’s school. Their school was destroyed by Hurricane’s Frances and Jeanne. I reference this a lot.

I also volunteer as the Kindergarten Assistant PE teacher on Friday mornings where I am finally amongst large quantities of people who are shorter than I.

I do a lot of volunteer work for other organizations, mostly comprised of women significantly older than my Mom.

I take Shotokan Karate and have for three years. I am a brown belt and have no intention of ever testing for black. It is not about the belt color for me. It is my journey and mine alone.

And I do realize it is time to tell ALL my readers how I came up with this name... Boudicca's Voice. And I will. Probably tomorrow. I think. If other events I feel compelled to blog about don't over take my blogging time...

7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

As one of your new readers, thanks for the info! I find it fascinating to read about other people in different countries, real people as opposed to what is depicted on TV. We become a worldwide community via blogging, an opinion I had a tiny rant (haven't yet stretched my newly found blogging legs!) about on my site today, in response to an article which inferred they were only worthwhile if you made money!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling me a little more about yourself. You sound like a well rounded individual, just the kind I appreciate.

BeeBee

7:26 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

And She's My Friend!!!! :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Feisty said...

Through your words I "felt" as though I have come to know you. The additional information helps to add to the picture.

;-D

7:57 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

You forgot to mention your fantastic legs ;-)

And this:

"who really really ‘gently’ poked and prodded me to start blogging… something I am glad he did."

is probably the best compliment I've ever gotten. And I must say you've made me quite proud with your accomplishments.

The blogosphere is MUCH better off with you in it :-)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Glad you did that Bou - even though I'm not really a new reader. And I echo Harvey's sentiments that I'm really happy you are a blogger. Yours is the first one I check out on my rounds of the Blogosphere.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

OOOO! Thank you to all of you! *blush!* You made my day. You really did.

Jack... thanks for the picture... I have it posted tonight.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home