Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Carnival of the Recipes

My life has been too hectic to enter into the Carnival, but today, I will enter the recipe requested by my eldest for his birthday. Salmon.

Sante Fe Salmon

1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets (ask for the skin to be removed)
salt and pepper
1 (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic (it comes this way), DRAINED WELL
1/2 Cup Mayo (light mayo works too)

Cut salmon into 4 servings and season with salt and pepper.

Preheat large skillet for 2-3 minutes. Combine the mayo and tomatoes in a good sized bowl.

Coat both sides of Salmon with tomato mixture and place in skillet. Add remaining tomato mixture to pan and cover. Cook 3-5 min on each side until internal temp gets to 145 deg. Cook time varies depending on thickness of the fillets.

I serve this with wild rice.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just as good, if not better, with Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Chilies with a hint of lime and cilantro (also comes pre-mixed).

2:10 PM  
Blogger Princess Jami said...

I even have those Ro-Tel tomatoes with chilies, lime and cilantro. My favorite. I can't wait to try this recipe!! :-)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I can't do cilantro. It tastes like soap to me.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home