Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Unable to Return the Fire

Conversations vary in our household. Last night we were going out for pizza and the conversation in the back of the truck started out with Son#3 carrying on about how revolting the kids are in his class that pick their boogers and eat them… and it got very gross and graphic and I finally had to hush him up lest I lose my appetite for dinner.

Blech. I think he damaged me.

Later at dinner there was a great discussion with regard to justified use of force. “Hey Mom, if a bad guy steals something, can a policeman just shoot him?” I promise you, this conversation lasted a draining half hour. Over and over we went on how a policeman can only shoot someone if his life or the life of someone else’s is threatened… and over and over we got scenario after scenario.

It’s enough to make one lose one’s mind. They make me nuts sometimes… this 100 questions, rapid fire, every day on any topic. They make me tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like when I tried teaching a 4th grade afterschool program. Good lord, I came to hate that. Mischievous little monkies....

10:04 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

So...can God make a rock so heavy that he can't lift it?

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home