Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Thai Poetry

Blog Father Harvey is guest blogging for my sweet blogbro That1Guy and he is posting on his R&R in Thailand HERE. Picture and all, folks. Over at his own site, he posted he was guest poster and the topic came up of Thailand and adult entertainment… which reminded me of a story... of course.

And yes, I am fully aware that my friend and I could have gotten fired for this… sexual harassment and all that jazz.

I was 22 at my old place of work, so this was 17 years ago. I hung around with a group of guys my age that hired in about a year before me. We did defense work for the Thai military too and one of my best guy friends was slated to go there on a business trip.

Well, MY group was comprised of mostly retired military men, so every time my buddy would walk down the aisle, they would go into great detail as to what he would ‘find’ over in Thailand for his trip… in the adult entertainment industry. The more I heard, the more I got concerned for my buddy’s ‘safety’ and well being, because afterall, I am a 'safety girl'. So the day before his trip, I went to the area drugstore and bought this enormous assortment of condoms, every color, texture, style you can imagine. I put them in a big bag with lots of fluffy tissue paper and when he came to my desk that next day, I said, “Here. It’s for your trip.”

He cracked up, thanked me and his parting words to me were, “I’m going to get even. You know that don’t you?”

Sure enough, 2 weeks later upon arriving home from his trip, he has with him a really fun watch he bought for me from some cheap street vendor and a big T-shirt with BIG pink bubble letters. Except… they weren’t bubbles. They were cartoon p-enis’s with arms and their hat was a condom they had on the tip of their ‘heads’ (oh, I hated putting it like that… but it is what it is) and they spelled out (you know... like using your arms to spell out YMCA during the song, except they used their 'bodies'), “Aids kills, don’t be silly, put a condom on that willy”. The guys in my aisle were dying. I was laughing so hard, I was crying. Of course I was 3 shades of pink... matching my new t-shirt.

I think I still have that t-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home