Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Books and Announcements

I gotta update my blogroll folks and for those of you wondering... I am slowly getting my act together for moving outta this joint. Patience is a virtue. I'm just trying to stay sane.

Big announcement coming tomorrow... I just didn't want it overshadowed by my son's birthday. It deserves a spot of it's own. Heh!

OK, from Mike The Librarian HERE, who I AM adding to my blogroll next update, we have this book meme. I guess this is a meme. I think it's easy for any of you bloggers who read... which would be... ALLLLL of you!

  1. Grab the nearest book
  2. Open the book to page 123
  3. Find the fifth sentence
  4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
  5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!
OK, from my myriad books strewn all over my desk, I closed my eyes and grabbed "The Loop" by Nicholas Evans. (The author of the Horse Whisperer.) Not a great book, but not a bad one either and it kept me satiated one weekend.

"The two of them rode out before dawn under a mottled November moon that lit the breath of the horses and made shadows of them on the sequined snow. An hour later they were up in the forest, standing silent with the horses on a high crag while they looked back to see the sun scale th world's rim and turn the snow-swept plains to a sea of crimson.

His father always knew wher they were most likely to find elk."

I keep this book on my desk as there is a quote in the front from a Sioux Indian that I find relevant in my life. One day I'll throw it out there for everyone to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home