Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Watching the Grass Grow

I have now spoken to both Tammi and Bug and they are safe. Actually, I just got a comment from Tammi that she's on-line! She told me before she was afraid she was in a "no Post it Zone" which made me laugh. So go to her old site HERE as she's still having new site problems.

Bug is in Pensacola. It is a 9 hour drive from here and they made it in 14. She did not have gasoline problems although I understand there is now no gas up in the Daytona areas now and there are cars littered all over the interstates having stalled due to lack of gas. There is no gas in WPB. God bless her... 14 hours in a van with 2 kids and I think they took there 140 lb horse/dog too. I think what would freak me out is knowing that I've got to make that return trip! Anyway, she said there was not a hotel to be found and that the FHP (hwy pat) were helping people find places to park at rest stops. The rest stops were backed up and overflowing. So as we speak, she is watching her kids as her husband sleeps; they are sleeping in shifts today and it's his shift right now.

As for us... I'm baking today. It's nice outside. We're living in a tin can, but getting used to it. I was afraid we would have problems awakening this morning with aluminum covered windows, but my boy's Circadian Rhythm seems to work just fine as I heard cartoons at 6:45. Bah! We'll be filling tubs and my washing machine with water tonight before we go to bed. We're set.

On a funny note, yesterday Son#3 comes running up to me crying that his tummy hurt really bad. I'm praying something like, "Dear Lord, for all we are about to endure, please don't let us get struck by a stomach virus too!" (Which reminds me of a very funny post I need to write... must make a note.) I run him into the bathroom and I'm doing the gentle/this doesn't phase me/mother quiz.

Me in my quiet Mom voice: Son, what did you have for lunch?
Son#3: It's not that Mom! I was on the sit and puke twice, really really fast, and now I'm going to puke.

The sit and puke. That is what we call that stupid toy the Sit and Spin. It's a name brought into this family from when I was a kid and my little sister got one for Christmas. She spun until she puked and never spun again. Evidently boys are different because as I sit here and blog, I can hear the Sit and Puke spinning in the background.

My kids are bored, they're making us nuts, and we're eating shrimp today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wha? Why would you buy your children the Spin and Puke when you knew what it did to me??? That is a horrible toy!
"Go to a happy place, go to a happy place..."

Morrigan

12:57 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Every child should own a spin and puke! The problem is the things they think of to do with it. Like try to spin while standing and jump off. You never tried things like that.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I've gotta puke, I prefer a drink and puke.
TGOO

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home