Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

5:15PM in West Palm Beach

In Palm Beach County mandatory evacuating Plan A already in effect, which is everyone East of US1. Plan B, east of A1A, we find out tomorrow. Public schools are 1/2 day tomorrow, closed on Friday. Just one county north, they're closed both days. The school my kids go to is closed both days.

People are voluntarily evacuating already. Lines at the banks and gas stations. I can't believe how many people are saying they're going to Orlando. What are they thinking?

We're getting take out tonight as we start putting up our shutters.

I'm finishing my bills and tying up loose ends. I've finished my shopping.

I told my husband once, when I'm a little stressed I binge on carbs. When I'm really stressed, I can't eat and I don't get hungry. That's where I am now. No desire to eat, all food looks unappetizing. I have to remind myself and eat light or it doesn't want to stay in my body.

I am fortunate. I come from a military family. My family went through some pretty scary times over seas. I've watched my parents work as a team and I've watched them both work individually. I know how to prepare for bad shit. We'll be fine.

You may be asking why I'm staying. The roads are a mess and gas stations are going to run out of gas. I live 15 miles inland and my roof was designed to be able to take up to Cat 4 winds. If it's a Cat 5 and we take a hit, we'll be praying. No trees directly around my house other than Palm Trees. Any big trees are at the end of my acre.

We're almost ready. I'll keep you posted.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please, keep us posted. I understand about staying, I would too.

BeeBee

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be saying a little prayer for you and yours, and your neighbors.
It's a silly sounding idea but put the kids in their bike helmets just in case something breaks and stuff starts flying around.
We'll be watching for your posts. Peter.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home