Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Idiots

I'm watching The Weather Channel as they broadcast from the Bahamas. They do this crap all the time. Winds blowing, palm trees at a 45 degree slant, Weather Channel person in rain gear talking about how heavy the winds are.

You know... one day, one of those Weather Channel people are going to die on the air during their Live broadcast... get hit by a falling tree or stray hurricane panel, and they'll have to stop this BS of broadcasting live during a storm.

On an upnote, my husband found propane. Life is good.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the ETA for Florida? Still going your way?

Toluca Nole

5:28 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Yeah. Most show it going slightly North of here in the Vero Area. That's just North of Fort Pierce where Ross was from. It keeps wobbling though, so we're all expecting it to hit us directly, from Miami to Daytona. Mom and Dad will get it there way in a couple days.

ETA is Sat 2AM. I'm over it.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it won't wobble back out into open water.

And if it makes you feel better, it's 100 degrees here. I could've really burnt my bald spot if I was working outside without a cap.


Toluca Nole

6:11 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Way to go, Mr. Bou!

Personally I prefer charcoal, but propane is much easier to light and you can use it in the house. Plus wet charcoal sucks!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Feel any better, Bro? It was 97 deg here yesterday. The big bonus is going to be Saturday, when the storm is gone and we have no power and it's 100 deg. I'm really really looking forward to that one! :) I'm not going to be able to get these storm shutters off fast enough.

Contagion, I was very excited about the propane. He talked about grilling out tomorrow and I said, "NO!!! We have to save it!!!"

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LW here; glad you got the propane; not sure I want you getting rid of the white t's; and, in all seriousness, know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. As for the WC people, I am waiting for the day one of them flys off like a kite, tethered only by the mic cord. That is when they find out how much their cameraperson likes them...

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bou, you and your family have it as all together as you can get! Sounds like you have lots of people, well the more the merrier, so to speak. I talked to Tammi at around 7pm (Central) she had made it to her family in... Bradenton(?? sorry long day my mind is blanking) so she's not alone - which is what really had me worried.

I went to a meeting, which took up most of my day - but I kept thinking about all of you getting ready for this and hoping it was all going well and praying that the monster turns away so it's not as bad as it's supposed to be. Well, only time will tell. Anyway, lots of us, not in the way of the storm are pulling for you!

-- Teresa

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that Machelle! Oh, the horror! Not to mention that the Weather Channel would lose half their audience.

Morrigan

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hurricane has shut my corporate office in Jacksonville down so all the big wheels flew up here to run the company. My work is also offering voluntary overtime to work w/ FEMA and all the other good stuff so the Hurricane is making people up here very happy even if I am not one of them
Jay

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home