Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

It was going to be light blogging tonight, if any, but too much was in my head and I have to thank my faithful readers for reading me every day as I empty my brain on this computer. I thought this one was funny and had to pass it on.

I allow each of my boys to pick one sport and one school activity. It's a lot of work for me, but I think it will help them. Son#1 has Karate and band (trumpet). Son#2 has soccer and cub scouts. Son#3 has soccer. I figured he was too young to pick something else, so I left it alone.

Today he got in the car all excited because there was a Wizard of Oz play. I thought he wanted me to chaperone. NO. It is a play the school is putting on and they're having auditions on Friday. He wants to audition. Did I say he was 5? I didn't want to discourage it as he was so excited, but on his own he started to get concerned when I said yes.

"Do you think they would give me a girl's part?" he asked distressed.
"Most definitely not. You are a boy", I replied.
"Can I bring my own costume?", he asked.

His own costume? I told him no and he had a fit. He didn't want to wear one of their stupid costumes. He wanted to wear his own. What did he think this was, "The Hulk goes to Oz"? Or how about this line: "I'll get you my pretty and your little ninja friend too! muhahahaha!"

I guess they will make him a munchkin if he gets a part. At first I was excited for him, but now I think its going to be a pain in the butt and I don't want to fight him on this costume thing. It's not worth expending the energy. I guess I'll know Friday if we decide to carry through.

Seriously, what else could be but a munchkin?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

"Hulk goes to Oz" - LOL

Well, he could be the scarcrow. Can't ya just see him dancing around and stuff?!?!?!

Or worse case scenerio one of the monkeys. :-)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh I forgot about the monkeys!

I was thinking about the scarecrow and then I thought, "Oh please, no!" I would have to learn all his lines! :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Oh-EEEE-oh
eeOOOOH-oh

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure he doesn't want to do it for the rest of his life.


Toluca Nole

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home