Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

We're a Wee Bit Over Hulk

On a positive note, last night was interesting for us. (I’ve gotta put some light stuff in here because blog sis Tammi reads me and I want to make her laugh.) Son#3, Hulkboy, has these big rubber hulk hands, when you smash them together they make Hulk sounds. While we were clearing outside for the potential hit from Charley, bringing in toys and furniture, he left these big rubber hands outside. They got soaked, which means the batteries are shorting out.

Last night at 2AM, we heard a shriek from his room. Being the good Mom I am, I stayed in bed while my Better Half went to see what was up. Son#3 explained that his Hulk Hands were going off spontaneously and scaring the crap out of him. My husband moved them out into the laundry room and closed the door to ensure they couldn’t be heard. I could hear them going off as he was transporting them. As my husband said, "Forget about being 5 and hearing them go off. At 2AM, in a deep sleep, Hulk screaming is enough to scare the crap out of anyone."

Hulkboy said to me at dinner tonight, “Mom, did you hear me last night crying for you? There was a monster in my room. It sounded like it. My hulk hands were saying, “HULK! SMASH ‘EM!”. Daddy came in and saved my life.”

Nice, eh? Daddy comes in and removes big rubber hulk hands and it becomes ‘he saved my life’. Trust me, if it had been me, that would not have been so. That falls under the category of ‘hero worship’, also known as “Daddy’s home, Mom’s a piece if shit.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. The "we see mommy all day and therefore she is lower on the list than daddy who we don't see hardly ever" thing eh? Works like that here with the Gollum too. Ignores Sally, does what I tell her even though it is Sally who has to cope with her most of the day. Kids! So damn contrary! If WE had hurricanes here it would be a case of "stop that or you'll have to go play outside" - I am sure the hurricane would flee in the face of the golluming it would receive though...

Alex

2:49 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

You're right. That made me smile. :-)

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home