Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Love to One is a Punch in the Face to Another

This morning Son#3 was grousing that he had to watch the Care Bear movie on his first day of Kindergarten. Hmm. Of all sons to have to watch this movie, Son#3 would not have been the one I picked. He has a Hulk lunchbox, backpack, sheets, underwear, rubber Hulk hands, mask and of course there is his Hulk costume that he wore last year to school once a week. Oh, there is also the Superhero Hulk border my husband just put in his room on his walls… and his room has been painted Superhero colors. Hulk is his favorite movie. (Only bonus to me is that he thought I looked like the lead, Jennifer Connelly. Wrong. I don’t. The kid can’t get past the brown hair and blue eyes thing. But it was very very funny.)

An argument breaks out in the car as Sons 1 and 2 swear that he must’ve been mistaken, that he must really have seen Berenstein Bears, not Care Bears. No, Son#3 insists, it was Care Bears. I stop the argument and tell them I’ll settle it when I drop him off at school. (I truly cannot believe the crap they argue about sometimes.)

Sure enough, it was the Care Bears. Flash forward to this afternoon. The boys are getting their haircut and Son#3 is sitting in my lap, well sitting as much as he is capable of, and I say, “So you had to watch the Care Bears, Huh?”

Son#3 says, “Yes.”

I reply, “So was it the Care Bears learn how to read or something?” I’m trying to get a feel for why they were watching the Care Bears.

Son#3 looks at me, one eyebrow arched (he is very facially demonstrative), looks down his nose at me and proceeds to say with great disdain, “No. The Care Bears are all about Love Love Love, Love everything. I just want to punch them in the face.”

Heh. That cracked me up.

4 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

You tell the little "retrosexual-in-training" that I too want to punch the care bears in the face. And then in those stoopid belly symbol things....then I'd burn them, and season soup with it, and feed it to the other.....err..

Yeah, just tell him I want to punch them in the face too.

11:27 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Ah, Jeebus!! LMAO! And that was before I even read the whole post! The title... I love the title!

Add me to the list of punchers. Never could stand them, despite my comment about collecting them. That was a joke people!

God, still laughing! Thanks, Bou!!! :)

1:50 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

When it comes to Care Bears, I'm more of a groin-kick guy, myself.

Wait...do Care Bears have groins?

Anyway, maybe you should introduce Son #3 to Hippy Stomping Bear.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Yes, he is my 'retrosexual in training'. Oh, well, other than the fact he isn't ashamed to have me smooch on him in public. As a matter of fact, I was in his classroom yesterday and he waved me over so I could kiss him. Sons1 and 2 would just as soon have the floor swallow them up before letting me do that. I can smooch on them all I want AT HOME, but not in public.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home