Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

"U" is for Underwear... I mean Uniform

I’m blogging late tonight. I ended up in a one hour traffic jam on our way home from Karate that has thrown me behind and flat wore me out. Let’s see how this goes.

I was in the gym today doing my cardio with headsets on while watching TV reading lips when I saw a commercial for Playtex underwear. The skimpy stuff. I thought at first it was an ad for Women’s Olympic Volleyball uniforms.

I’m guessing most of you men saw the woman’s volleyball competition. Yet a different day I was in “Man’s Land” (remember, that’s what my sister and I call the free weight section of the gym) and the TV had on woman’s volleyball. At first I saw it and thought to myself, “Wow. Check out their bodies. Wish I had the genetics and motivation to look like that.” Genetics comes into play in multiple ways… one being the great height these svelte women had. They had legs up to their chins. They had six pack abs, nice muscle definition and I was in complete awe of how fit they were… when I realized that they kinda looked bony. Their shoulders were really bony. They were ALL muscles and bones. There was not much fat, which in one way is nice, but in another way… they were just really thin. So while I think most men had their eyes popping out of their heads, I feel certain that as much as my husband loves thin women, he would not find these women that attractive. I think the bony shoulders would be a turn off.

I know well enough not to ask that question. Is that loaded or what? “Dear, would you prefer to be with a woman that looks like THAT with bony shoulders or someone who looks like me?” or “Do you think SHE is attractive? Do you LIKE those bony shoulders?” Yeah caller, those are dumb questions. Men know when to lie. But I seriously think he would think they were too thin. Heh, or at least I want to think so.

5 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

I didn't notice the shoulders. I was too busy looking at those "grab me" butt-cheeks.

mmmm... nice.

Off topic: when I read that title, I thought this was going to be your Sesame Street post ;-)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I like my women with some meat on them. Most of my girlfriends and even my wife is heavy. I dated some ladies that were very thin, and I just prefer bigger women. I am not one of those guys that have to have my women 500-600 lbs or anything but a little meat is not a bad thing.
Of course I also have to say the outside really is not as important is the inside.
Jay

10:34 AM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

The volleyball uniforms were offensive...to me. What does that say?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Old Wacky Hermit said...

Maybe it's the Portuguese in me, but whenever I see women like that my first urge is to invite them to dinner and give them something to wear. If they can't afford enough food or adequate clothing...

1:30 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

cushion for the push'n... still hold by that saying, though after 2 kids it seems like a lot more cushion. ;-) ;-)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home