Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Cigars and Pink Champagne to Everyone!

I have a blogdaughter! Yahoo! That makes both Harvey and Grau, Blog Grandfathers. Feeling old, gentlemen? ;)

Introducing One Happy Dog Speaks, by my good friend VW. I've known VW for 18 years; we went to college together. Then we both migrated down to S. FL to work for the same company, she came first... because you know.. she IS older than I. *Grin* She had the forsight to see the big ship was sinking at our large company, so she bailed early and found a job with a better company, this one international. She's a highly regarded computer engineer. She and I have very similar personalities as in we take no prisoners, have had to work very hard on 'diplomacy skills', and have no patience for the incompetent. And we're both very short and very high strung. Oh and we both come from military families, she was USAF, me Navy. It's probably why we get along so well. And, yes, she has dirt on me, but none of it will ever be blogged!

Her blog is similar to mine in that it is a catharsis. It's a great outlet as she has done what I did... after she had her first child, she opted to stay home full time as a Mom. She now has two little boys 13 months part, the eldest having JUST turned two. Busy is not a strong enough word... and she also has this 140 lb dog that's as big as a small horse. And she owns a pony. And she loves horses. She uses her blog also to keep family and friends informed as to the ongoings of her life as she is also like me that nobody is in town. She's winging it like me.

On parenthood:

Why do I want my children to climb and be agile, though not necessarily at the same time? Because my Husband affectionately calls me ‘Danger Prone Daphne’ and for a good reason. A very recent example of this is when I tried to video tape my two sons sleeping a couple of days ago. I snuck very quietly over to the room with the camcorder, started through the door and WHACK. Hit the baby gate with my right leg and it smacked into the door/wall. That gate has been there over a year… I walk through that door 3 to 6 times a day… you get the idea. So do I yell at my #1 Son when I see him climbing stuff? Nope. Do I try to stay near in case he falls? Yep.

(I personally call this raising boys!)

On the technical world: Radio Waves and Power Grids

I always wonder what I am subjected myself and my children to in this world. Just recently I started thinking about all the wireless equipment we have now a days. Most people have cell phones and cordless phones… so we start getting the radio waves here. More and more people are getting wireless networks at home for the computers. So more radio waves. Then there is the monitors for babies that are ‘wireless’. And the list continues.


(Just yesterday while in the car dealership, my engineering friend of mine, who works for a major telecommunications company, and I were discussing this!)

VW, Welcome to the Blogosphere!


6 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Congrats, Bou! Awwwww, I'm an uncle! :)

Already stopped by and told her, "Hi!"

12:57 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

*gitchy-gitchy-goo*

Such a cutie :-)

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to get a family tree drawn up pretty soon so I can keep everybody straight.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's soooo cute *grin*

-- Teresa (drat this not having a blogger account is annoying I almost always go to post before putting my name on it.)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Congratulations! My we are all prolific family, aren't we?!?!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "birth" of your blogdaughter! Now go forth and procreate. :-)

I have no blog parent. How sad, I'm a blog orphan...

By the way, thanks for comin' on by my humble space!

Vanessa
Stained Glass Soul
http://www.stainedglasssoul.net

9:19 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Vanessa - I'm a blog orphan myself, and it really sucked having no one to help me get started. That's why I'm big into watching out for the blogkids.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home