Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, August 23, 2004

In The Event That You Thought...

... that I was exaggerating what Son#3 is like, let me provide you with today’s interaction with his teacher as I did after school pick up. Keep in mind, this is the 2nd week of school.

Teacher: “I had to move Son#3’s desk today. He’s fooling around too much.”
Me, giving Son#3 the evil eye: “You did? He and I will have to have a talk tonight.” (As if that will do any good. Talking to a 5 year old is akin to talking a dog.)
Teacher: “You have a real live wire there. You saved the best for last didn’t you?”

Heh. From a parental standpoint, it is NEVER a good thing when a teacher calls your child a live wire. Of course I knew this before packing him off to school. Hell, I’d been warning her for two years! But in my heart, deep down inside, I was really hoping he would tone it down, keep his hands to himself, and just generally become… a different child.

Today he got in trouble with some kid named Joshua who I had been hearing all sorts of things about up until now and I had thought that perhaps Joshua would be the one that gets in trouble the most. Son#3 also got in trouble with Lisa, who we now call “the girl he kissed at the Lite Brite” and who I also found out, did not like being kissed. Of course, Son#3 being who he is, denied all and swore it was everyone else’s fault, he was innocent. As I’ve said in the past, Son#3 has the makings of a CEO or the President. So in my lecture I explained the mathematical term “common denominator” and how in this case, that would be him and upon his denial, I challenged him to prove me wrong.

Nine more months of school. I hope ‘live wire’ is the worst thing that happens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Ohhhh Bou, you really got your hands full!! :)

I see so many wonderful stories in our future!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha 9 months, you're funny. Try 13 years....it's just the beginning and I can't wait for all of the hilarious stories I'm going to hear. It's the curse that occurs because your "better half" was a pain in the a** too.

Morrigan

7:56 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

"the girl he kissed at the Lite Brite".

Wow-I wish I could have a title like that. How can one top that?

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god your son#3 and our daughter are a few thousand miles away - we are already betting on when we get called in by the teacher (within 2 weeks I reckon). She hasn't taken anything from a shop yet, but all children live in fear of her... and all adults too!

I wonder if obedience classes will work?

Alex

12:06 PM  
Blogger j&c said...

My son is starting in September, and I'm kinda nervous about it as well. He already flirts with girls, tipping his head down and looking at them with his big blue eyes and cheesy dimply grin.

I do feel a little better in that this school handles discipline the same way I would.

Ok, take a deep breath, and... plunge!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home