Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Venus vs. Mars

Well, this one was a new one on me. You know how girls play house? Evidently boys play different make believe games. This was from Son#2 (lover of all things female) and Son#3. This game entails Son#2 going to go pick up his “Hot Chick” and Son#3 picking out gifts to give her. The gift he selected for Son#2 was a tiny pewter angel Son#3 pilfered from a “Christian” Tea Shop I frequent when he was 3. Have you ever heard of a kid shoplifting a Christian item from a Christian store? Could I have been any more embarrassed when I took my sobbing son back to the store to have him make amends? (I made him work off the debt of $2.50, pay the store owners and look them in the eye while he confessed.) Thank God they really were Christian women and they were Moms and Grandmothers, plus it helps they know me. They laughed about it behind his back. I still don’t see humor in it. Perhaps another 20 years from now.

Anyway, I asked where they were going with this angel when I heard the exchange between them and realized they were playing some make believe game. I really didn’t want to know anymore, so I left.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to see that they know to take gifts to the "hot chick". You're training them well.

Morrigan

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home