Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, August 16, 2004

More Pain for You to Laugh About

Didn’t I tell you I’m in so much trouble with this Treasurer job? I can’t believe it. She sat down with me for 2 hours today. She kept saying something about a GL. Finally I said, guessing, “Gains Loss?” and she looked at me blankly and said, ”No, General Ledger." D’OH! Gains and Loss sounded like it could be an accounting term. And WTF is this about credits are debits but debits are credits? Not in MY frickin' checkbook they aren't! Humpf!

For some reason we couldn’t read her computer files (software problems). Thank God. She’s going home to figure out why. I had her do all sorts of things trying to get it to open and finally she said, “Wow, you really know computers”, and I thought, “Score 1-1. Playing field is now even.”

Anyway, she left apologizing she has to come back with some different software. I took her to the door saying a prayer of thanks. I was already on overload. Bah! I’m so stupid. Maybe when I go for my glaucoma test my ophthalmologist will say something like, ‘Good news is, you don’t have glaucoma. Bad news is… you have a very rare eye disease we’ve found that comes from accounting software. If you do any of that stuff… you may have to give up that job.’

2 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

I never liked the word "debit".

It always sounded to me like some idiot mispronouncing "debt".

9:28 AM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

(hanging head and kicking ground) I always thought that was how it was pronounced.


Ok, not really! :)

Like I said, things should come together soon. Should!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home