Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Boudicca Draws Her Sword

I despise Kerry for bringing VietNam to the forefront again. I still view this as a very dark time in our recent history and for that jerk to run on that, makes me nauseated. VietNam as an issue has been boiling in our public consciousness for awhile. Bob Dole served honorably in WWII while Bill Clinton dodged VietNam. Bush did National Guard service during ‘Nam and Kerry is just a complete lying scumbag traitor loser on the situation. I actually may loathe him more than Clinton at this point. At least Clinton didn’t serve, get out, protest, call his fellow brothers and sisters murderers and baby killers, then turn around and try to make himself a hero and proud that he served in that same war he condemned. I’m over it folks. I’m really frickin’ over it.

I don’t want to hear from one person out there saying I don’t have a right because I wasn’t old enough. My father was over there. I remember the signing of the peace treaty, watching it on TV. I still have my Mother’s POW/MIA bracelet, it is now mine, and I keep it on my make up vanity and every damn morning when I wake up, I see it and think of Captain Clifton Cushman, silver medallist in the 400 hurdles in the 1960 Olympics, married man and father of one son, native of North Dakota, and USAF F105 pilot shot down in North Vietnam on 9-25-66. He is no longer listed as MIA, but I don’t care. Every day I think of that man and how HE served our country. EVERY DAY.

While my schoolmates were bringing toys and trinkets for show and tell in 4th grade, I was bringing in fliers regarding POW/MIAs in ‘Nam. I have friends who lost their fathers there. I know people my age whose fathers were POWs. My Father lost friends. My Mother’s friends lost husbands. I know about the black sedan. And I know stories of cold sweat nauseating fear of my Mother thinking my Father had been shot down. So don’t tell me I didn’t live VietNam, because I did.

It is a wound that we have tried and successfully started to heal and it is a wound that John Kerry has forcibly reopened. He is dividing this country again over it. People who believe he served honorably vs. people who KNOW he did not. And for that, I find him to be of the lowest most despicable form of human life.

So to my readers I say, “I am over VietNam being on the forefront because it hurt the first time and it hurts now.” To John Kerry I say, “A frickin’ big pox upon you and your ilk. May you rot.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Great Post Bou. I agree with you 110%.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. I am not so closed minded that I cannot see someone else’s view. Perhaps this has given them an opportunity to speak. However, I think many would have spoken out anyway. It is unfortunate that once again, the Viet Nam Veterans are being portrayed in a poor light. Thank you to the Media. Speculation of the Republican big machine being behind them. Speculation of whether or not what they said was true or not.

In my opinion, they are telling the truth and they are doing it because they feel they have to tell… a moral obligation. They feel the need, and rightfully so, to make voters aware.

Now I wonder if they are going to get steamrolled by the Big Money Making Democrat Machine. If in the end, Kerry bringing all this crap out, if the Dems will roll over them and somehow make Kerry the Hero and the Vets the bad guys… again. It makes me angry to see this as a possibility. Is Kerry so damn stupid he didn’t think anyone would come out and speak against him? Please. Of course he knew. He just.didn’t.care. He had to be so arrogant to think that the Vets would come out and in the end he, with the help of the Democrat Machine, would put them in their place and he would be hailed the great Hero and they would be nothing but nasty scum, put here to bother him by the Republican Machine.

There are Americans that DO NOT believe the Vets. They don’t or they don’t want to hear it. It is going to take more than VietNam to defeat Kerry because it is too painful for America.

I am hoping that Bush has something up his sleeve. He’s going to need it.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

It's going to get worse once we start reliving Kerry's ANTI-war record. See Tammi's blog for a link to the Winter Soldier testimony.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRAVO! Great Post!!!!
I blogged on this subject once before about my uncle. Even tho I am too young to have experienced the war first hand, again I see the long term scars it caused. I remember my aunt now allowing my uncle to hold her child for fear he could flashback (which he does from time to time). I also remember a tv almost getting destroyed because Jane Fonda was on it.
The war is long over, damn shame when someone has nothing inside him to say to let the wounds heal and stop putting salt in.
Jay

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home