Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Tremendous Athletes

Forget the Olympians, let’s talk Lance.   Is he a tremendous athlete or what?  I don’t care about his personal life and what he is doing to whom.  He is just an amazing man.  I don’t care about the whole conquering cancer thing, I mean it’s impressive in and of itself, but I’m just talking the extraordinary athleticism this man has to win 6 grueling Tour de France.  This victory, in a very childish way, was a secret thumb my nose at France.  “Take THAT you frickin’ merde tetes… it was an AMERICAN who won it six times.”  BAH!  Of course if I had been there, in France, in person, I would have been quiet and gracious. But I wasn’t. So there!

3 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

This guy is damn impressive. I watched a segment on the news about his prep for the race this year. It included some stats on him that were amazing. His hearts' capacity is far larger than most people his size, he processes oxygen far more efficiently than an average person. His slow-twitch muscles are amazingly resilient, and he produces less lactic acid than anyone ever tested.
I think he is a mutant personally, after all the radiation treatments, and chemo, he has turned into an Uber athlete.

On another note, former champion Frenchy leMond criticizes Lance, and accuses him of doping.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

It is amazing - even without all he's been through. I especially love the fact that he is almost my age! ;-) Once again proves my theory - you only get better!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I think the whole, "He's doping!" thing is sour grapes.

There are just people that are phenomal athletes. It has been such from the beginning of time.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home