Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Warm Fuzzies

Everyone picks up something different when they read something on this blogosphere.  We all think just a bit different. 

The other day at Road Warrior Survival, Tammi posted something about some men walking into her place and they had a key.   I read it and completely wigged out.  I'm reading through the comments yelling at my screen, "Call a Locksmith!  Now!"  *Big Grin*  Not much of an exaggeration, trust me.  If you look through her comments, you'll see everyone had ideas:  locksmith, chair under the handle, stack noisy stuff in front of the door, etc.  I think at first blush, there is no question at what we are all noticing... that something scary had happened to our blog friend and she was sick to boot!  But what I also notice is that everyone was genuinely concerned.  We don't know each other from Adam.  Only here.  Yet we all seemed to have the same reaction and I think there would have been more comments, but so much had been covered, there really was nothing else to say.

So I guess why I'm posting this is that I was happily surprised by how much people care about each other in the blogosphere and we've never even heard each other's voices or seen the whites of each other's eyes!  Kind of made me feel good inside.  And this is just one example of many, by the way. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

This is just plain weird. I was sitting on the phone telling my best friend about what happened and as I was explaining about the blog and everyone's comments and how strange wonderful it is that we all worry, celebrate and support each other.....I read this post. I gave her the address to your blog so she can see for herself.

But yeah, that is very very cool. It really is a small world!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Brace yourself. This will probably happen again. It happens a lot in my life. :) I personally think it is a good thing!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Well, we may never have seen each other, but we've interacted in a lot of other ways. I guess this is what it's like for blind people when they make friends :-)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home