Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Be Gone You Stanky Portolet!

Well this will probably not make anyone laugh except my family, who does read my blog.  We started construction on my house to add two bedrooms and a family room and a porch under covered roof (a good old fashioned southern screened in porch with fans and everything!) over a year ago.  We are still not finished.  I am completely surprised I have not spent every blogging moment blogging on it as it has nearly led me to despair at times.  It has been a nightmare of sorts, but as of yesterday, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday… yesterday they removed the Port-a-Potty at the top of my driveway!  (T1G, that Potty thing was for you!)  And what is monumental about that?  It has been there for nearly a year and I NEVER once, NOT EVER, backed into it. I know, you’re thinking, “Big Whoop De Do”, but it was right in the path of my car when I backed out and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that eventually I was going to nail that sucker and send it over on its side.  (I had actual visions of Waking Ned Devine and the booth scene... although I don't live on a cliff.)  It was a big joke with all of us and our big hope was that when I ‘finally took it out’, that nobody was actually in it.  Ick.

This Portalet has been a fixture for so long, you would think I would miss it.  I actually thought about decorating it with Christmas lights at Christmas time and having the annual Christmas picture taken around it. I found that to be a bit too edgy, even for me. 

I backed out yesterday and something was missing in my review mirror! There was space, blue sky, the house next door.  I stopped and had to do a double take. It is gone!  No more worrying.  No more listening to my Bitching Betty telling me I was getting too close. (On my new mini-van, my husband got this damn sonar that goes off if I get too close to something. I call it my Bitching Betty. Aircraft humor.)

So I’m doing my snoopy happy dance!  Construction is almost complete!!!  Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

"I actually thought about decorating it with Christmas lights at Christmas time"

Not *exactly* sure why, but this line made me giggle :-)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home