Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, July 26, 2004

The Breakfast of Champions

I was getting breakfast for son#3 on Sunday before they headed off for Church.

“What do you want for breakfast?” I asked.
“New England Clam Chowder,” came the reply. 

Bleh.  Now I have no delineation between cake and doughnuts. Seriously folks, they are the same.  Sweet carb=Sweet carb so yes, I have been known to have a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee for breakfast.  Not often, mind you, but it has happened.  Ice cream?  What is the difference between ice cream and a big bowl of Frosted Flakes and milk?  Nothing.  Fat content may be a bit tipped in the favor of ice cream, but other than that… butt loads of sugar = butt loads of sugar. Besides, ice cream has milk and in some weird twist, its OK in my book.  Not that I’ve done it often, mind you, but it has happened. 

New England Clam Chowder. Well… we have the milk thing. Then I guess clams= seafood and Lox (which people eat for breakfast)=seafood and cubed potatoes=breakfast potatoes so in my book of rationalization, it is potential as a breakfast food. Serve it in a cereal bowl with a spoon and Voila, instant breakfast. So that’s what he had Sunday morning… New England Clam Chowder.  He had two bowls. I kinda wanted to hurl. 

8 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

I am pretty sure I would love your kids. They share so many of my eccentricities.
I feel that anything is as good for breakfast as it is for any other meal. The only traditional breakfast foods I really like are sausage, bacon, and eggs scrambled with cheese. Other than that, I would prefer cold pizza, or other leftovers. (and a few years ago, warm beer with it.)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I do let them eat anything they want, but I have to say, sometimes I think, "ick". It's just too early in the morning for my stomach sometimes for a burrito for breakfast, although my brother was famous for burritos and cold pizza for breakfast. And lunch? We eat a lot of omelettes for lunch. And if my husband isn't home for dinner? I do what my Mom used to do as a treat when the Great Omnipotent One was on deployment... it's called, "Breakfast for dinner!". Yum!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh, and Little Joe, my kids would love you. Men who walk through my door are instant play toys. My children have no respect for other people's space when in my home. Crawling on their backs, sitting on their shoulders, grabbing onto their calves yelling, "Ok! Walk now!" and on and on. Men are jungle gyms. If people have issues with personal space being invaded, they need to stay far far away from my home!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always found beer was better at breakfast if it's cold, Little Joe. But to each his own..
TGOO

11:00 AM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

You'll like this one. Beer and eggrolls. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

12:59 PM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Breakfast is usually nonexistent for me during the week. Weekends, it might consist of a bowl of cereal, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, you know..typical fare.

Today I was particularly ravenous and had a spoonful each of the following: German Potato Salad, Creamed Corn, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. All of this was before I got around to eating my lunch (one of the banana crumb muffin I made this morning).

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This morning: Sesame chicken, fried cheese and chicken/corn soup. Bachelor fridges are fun. :)


Toluca Nole

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer and eggrolls. Whoa..... That DOES sound good. But sometimes a fighter pilot's breakfast hits the spot: a coke, a smoke and a puke.
TGOO

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home