Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Stiff Spoofy Hair

I was driving through town today and passed my hair salon. I was thinking about tomorrow being Friday and how my hair stylist hates Fridays because it’s all ‘blow outs’. I guess all the elderly women come in to have their hair blown out for the weekend.

I’ve seen it. Out they come with their hair all spoofed out and sprayed in place. I gather they don’t wash it until the next time they come in or at least not through the weekend. I don’t identify. I wash my hair all the time. The most I can skip is every other day. The thought of waiting 3 or more days to wash my hair… Blech.

Anyway, that is not what this post is about.

So I saw this elderly lady drive out of the parking lot with her newly blown out hair, all stiff and spoofed out and I wondered… “Do their husbands still run their hands through their wives’ hair?”

They can’t. It would be like putting a hair pick in their hair. It would get stuck. Putting their fingers at the nape of their neck and then running upward, “Bloink!” their fingers would get stuck there.

Ick. I’m never going to have stiff spoofy hair.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoofy hair? Nonsensical hair? Deceitful hair?
:)

Toluca Nole

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I can assure you that the women do not wash their hair in the week between. They also sleep with a scarf on their heads or on a satin pillow. And they spray additional hairspray on during the weeks. So it is impossible for anyone to run anything through their hair. And the flakes of spray that you must brush out of their hair the next week. Ugh. I'll just leave that for you to imagine.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

OO! You're not gonna like THIS one:

http://badexample.mu.nu/archives/066192.php

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate loathe and despise hair spray... ick! So, I will never ever have poofy or spoofy hair. Plus - I'd have to sleep sitting up in a chair because my hair would certainly not stay in any sort of style once my head hit the pillow... nope this would not be for me. *grin*

Teresa

10:37 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

You forgot to mention the color...usually it's blue!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Susan Humeston said...

Thank God my mother doesn't do that to her hair. She's in her mid 70's and her hair is short and natural. It's grey and dark - and looks frosted, but it's not. I agree - I think helmet heads are weird.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home