Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

More Questions About the Clothes...

Ahhh… kids. I was telling Son#3’s teacher today how he thought that Father wore the same clothes over and over and she told me this story.

She was walking through the parking lot a few years ago with one of her kindergartners. Walking in a distance was one of the young priests. The little girl said, “Look! There’s Father!” referring to the older grandfatherly priest we all love and of whom I write.

The teacher said, “No sweetheart, that is Father Tom.” The girl got a quizzical look on her face and then replied, “But then why is he wearing Father’s clothes?”

What makes it so funny is Father is not only 40 years older than the young Father Tom, but also very round. He is a short round Irish priest. Father Tom was a young tall and lanky priest. I thought that was so funny. Kids always trying to make sense of things in their own little worlds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home