Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Out on Temporary Leave

I’m on temporary hiatus from blogging. You know that fine line they talk about between genius and insanity? Well, that’s where I’m hovering, except there is no genius involved. I expect to be back as early as Sunday, but it could be Monday. You may find me lurking in comments on various blogs as I de-stress at the end of the night, but the probability of my putting words to blog is relatively remote.

To end this, some brief random thoughts and observations from my week.

While watching my best friend from high school with her first born, who has been visiting this week, I remember the euphoria that your first child brings. The love, the amazement at how they are growing and how wonderfully cute and cuddly they are… but I do not want another child. As a matter of fact, I’d rather poke my eye out with a pencil than have another child. Three is enough.

Working a carnival was not on my list of 'The Top 100 Things I Want to do Before I Die". It wouldn't make my top 1000 list either... if I had one.

The bank tellers develop a nervous twitch when they think you might want to deposit $10,000 cash… something about government forms and money laundering.

Some bank tellers get really really annoyed when you walk in with 19 deposits… no matter how polite and organized you are and even if all the cash is in the right order facing the same direction.

I can’t think of anything much more hellish right now than the next 72 hours I will be spending with loud carnival music, greasy carnival food, and massive throngs of people I do not know.

My kids are so excited the kindergarten teacher has told me she may need a valium to get through tomorrow. Considering I actually have to work the damn thing for the next three days my reply to her was, “If you find that in drip form, bring it by my locked cash room where I’ll be holed up. I’m sure I can find someone to hook me up. Hell, I’ll hook myself up.”

I look pretty bad right now. I’m getting concerned looks from other parents. I walked in the main office today and it was like the parting of the red sea. I said not a word, just walked in and people parted to let me pass and then inquired about my mental health. I stayed silent. That probably didn’t help my cause.

I don’t like the fact I am going to have a uniformed police officer with me for a lot of the time this weekend. I know how I joked that if I went to visit Little Joe and Grau, how they are so big compared to me, that they would LOOK like my personal bodyguards… but I really never wanted one. Seriously.

On the list that went home today showing all the parents in the 4th grade class what times they are working their class carnival booth (to which I am thankfully exempt), up in the tippy top one of the Moms wrote, “Mrs. L, Treasurer, 24/7”. Funny lady. Wonder who it was.

The people who run the national philanthropic organization that I am running their fundraiser for in mid-March are a bunch of pin heads.

Nobody in the Bad Example family and annoying neighbors is looking forward to that weekend more than I.

14 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Good Luck....you can do it.....

We'll miss you - crap, I'll really miss you - I won't be able to call. Arrggghhhh!!!

Remember, if you're body guard is cute, single, within my age bracket and over 6'......... :-)

Deep Breath, there you go. It's almost over.

Oh, and for the weekend? Yeah - I know exactly how you feel!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Tammi's right: Breathe. In. Out. Repeat. Continue.

Think about it this way, at least you'll be locked in a dark and quiet room without screaming children in your ears all day.

As for the other, well, just keep breathing.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Next time you bring in 19 transactions, wear a low-cut blouse & find a male teller. You'd be surprised how fast the annoyance disappears.

And the bad thing about the Currency Transaction Report (that Fed form you mentioned) is that it's not laid out in a user-friendly fashion, if you're not familiar with it, it's easy to forget to ask for some of the information.

I mean, how often do you need to ask a customer what her occupation is?

Anyway, here's the pdf version of the form, if you're curious:

http://www.fincen.gov/f4789-1.pdf

10:23 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

You take it easy and let your brain slow down. I recommend some mentally calming activity that you enjoy. If that doesn't work find some unsuspecting person and take it out on them. Like the teller you where talking about, go in again with everything out of order and watch them go nuts. (Make sure you have the time to fully enjoy the entertainment)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Feisty said...

I'm with you in spirit...breathe in....breathe out....

Hang in there!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. dammitdammitdammit...

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say "have fun!" but I live much too close to take my life in my hands like that... ;)

I'll be praying for your mental health... :D

pamibe

12:26 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Bou, I'm a phone call away. Wish I was available to help you this weekend. Good luck!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

LMAO .... used to be a teller ... So I can't comment. But they should not hassle you if you have it all organized. The $10,000 cash thing, thats required by the Fed. Outta their hands, and a pain in the ass to fill out. LOL

I've only started reading all the blogs listed on weswear.ws, but I have to say that I will be sad not to continue reading your thoughts. :(

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will send good thoughts your way; and, if you do need to take it out on someone, make sure you put plastic down first to limit the forensics. Good Luck!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

I always split my deposits up so they're all $9,999.00. Makes for fun conversations at the bank.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Michael Hawn said...

Why go to a bank? Sounds like a trip to New Orleans....

11:24 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Screw you Grau, and yeah, that's about right. But you don't need to go pointing it out to everyone... dammit... Now one of my minions is going to pay for your transgression tomorrow!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

[crosses "become one of Contagion's minions" off to-do list]

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home