Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, January 31, 2005

No Carnies For Me...

I got home from the first day of the school Mardi Gras/Carnival at 11:30 PM Saturday thoroughly beat to hell, HAD to jump in the shower and wash the grime off the bod, so I didn’t climb into bed until just about midnight. I woke up at 7:30 to get ready to go back… shower again, see the kids, get things in order and pick up doughnuts and bagels for my workers. As treasurer of the school, I appear to be Queen of the Money Room/Prison. It has been reiterated to me a number of times… Blech.

So I roll out of bed, I’m fighting a cold, I’m tired, I’m over it, it’s only Saturday morning and I have 2 days to go, and I sit down at my desk to check my e-mail. My husband is lying in bed watching me and he says, “So… Babe, I think as of now, it is safe to say, that you will never leave me to run away and join the Circus. I feel very secure in the fact you’ll never leave me for the carnies.”

I had to laugh. I looked over my shoulder and said, “Yup. That’s a sure bet.”

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't run away and join the carnies? But they're such nice folks. Some used to hang out at the bar near the newspaper. (That's the place so Ritzy they had a "two-tooth minimum.")

What newspaper was taking your picture, ours or one of the freebies they toss on your lawn? If it's ours, I'll see if I can get a glossy copy for you.

Glad you survived the weekend from Hell. Now repeat after me: "I'll never volunteer again. I'll never volunteer again........."

--- George

12:21 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Darn, there goes my chances!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Feisty said...

Ummmm (eyes twinkling), did you remind him that, perhaps, that wasn't the only option?!

Gotta keep those men on their toes and best behavior, ya know. (joking!)

Hope you are okay.

;-)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She lives!!! Congratulations on making it through the weekend! One down - what is it... 2 more functions to go? Woo Hoo! Anyway, I'm sorry you have a cold, but glad you made it through in one piece.

Teresa

3:07 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

George - I think the magic phrase is "Never Again Volunteer Yourself" :-)

11:42 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

You survived! Congrats!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home