Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, January 31, 2005

A Giant in my Own Mind No More!!!

I had a chairman’s meeting Friday for this other not-for-profit organization I’m helping out. I’m chairing their annual cocktail party. I know, I know, I took on too much. I can hear Grau now yelling at me through his computer screen! No more. I learned my lesson. Too little sleep, too little food, too much stress… even my superior immune system could not fight off the bad germs and I sit here now typing this with some sort of nasty respiratory infection.

I digress. Stick with me here, because this is funny.

The photographer shows up to take our picture for the local paper. He looks around the room of the 20 or so women and 3 of them are 5’6” or over and the rest are very small women. He says, “OK, tall people at the top of the stairs” and he looks at me and tells me to join them. Wait. Did I tell y’all I’m 5’2”? Did I tell you that all these ladies are over the age of 65? Most are probably in their 70s and 80s. And I, ME, “Miss, I’m going to need a booster chair to sit at 6’1” blog sister Tammi’s table at our Bad Example reunion”, I AM TALL!

One of the past chairmen says, “No, she has to be in front. She’s our chairman.” This caused a problem with the photographer who had to move people around since I was blocking people with my great height.

So this makes me wonder. Were all these women once much taller and they all shrunk? And if so, does this mean I’m destined to be 4’8”? Just please don’t let me weigh what I weigh now if I become 4’8”. I’ll look like a tiny Stay Puff Marshmallow woman. Blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home