Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hopefully Last Political/Election Post

First, let me just say that this morning when I awoke, I was very glad I didn't live in Ohio. Been there. Done that. Wasn't fun.

Second, Son#1 woke up this morning and immediately turned on the news. He is now very well versed in the Electoral College and I think it's cool. We discussed the pro's and con's and why I think it should stay as is... and I think he may know more than the Average American now. It was just cool to have a kid old enough I could actually talk politics with and he could grasp it.

Third, and last, I’m not standing up and doing any great victory dance. Am I glad Kerry didn’t get in? Absolutely. Relieved? Yes. But no dancing from me. See, I don’t like George, I just really really didn’t like Kerry, so now GWB I say, “Put your money where your frickin’ mouth is, extend the hand to the other 49%, and press on.” He got my vote. He now needs to prove to me he deserved it. I could have just as easily thrown it away to some dork in protest, but I did not.

I don’t believe the average person who voted against Bush is angry. If Kerry got in, I would not be angry. I would have been disappointed. I would have been repulsed that Teresa was representing us as first Lady. But not angry. So I think that the average American who voted against Bush is not angry, so much as disappointed. Perhaps I am wrong.

I am hoping that something happens in the next four years that we have better choices next go round. As much as I am not the optimist, more of a realist, I have an abundant amount of hope and faith and I have hope that one day, one day before I die, that I will be able to vote FOR someone, and not AGAINST.

And to John Kerry I say, thank you for conceding. I was really not looking forward to our country being dragged through the mud. It’s been dirty enough the last few months. Let’s just hose ourselves off now and move on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I couldn't agree more. I'm sick of this stuff. Sick of thinking about it, sick of writing about it, sick of talking about it.

So I settle down last night for some television. They are already talking about 2008!! I put in a DVD and muttered "screw you!"

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home