Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 22, 2004

I Knew Them When...

I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. You’re not going to believe it.

I have many friends I worked with that I keep in touch with… mainly via e-mail and a couple of them they just send me jokes. Only my best friend from work knows I have a blog...the rest do not, most of them no longer live in town, and we don’t run in the same circles nor do we talk about what we read on the internet.

One guy in particular lives in Tampa now. He worked in engineering and he’s a great guy. He’s one that just sends me jokes or e-mails about how much the Vets hate Kerry. We never speak about anything really personal. He has NO CLUE I have a blog; I didn’t even know he knew what a blog was. Then today I got an e-mail from him… I was on a distribution list… it was THIS.

My buddy is a Viet Nam vet as a lot of my buddies from my old place of work were. He was Army. I was floored when I saw it. It specifically says in the title: 'From a blog from Badexample.mu.nu'. My eyes popped open as I read… and it was Harvey's posting of one of Peter’s comments. Of course I immediately e-mailed my buddy back as to what a small world it really is.

So to Harvey and Peter… you have now become Internet spam. And I am proud to have seen it first! And don't forget us little people!

2 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

[insert rhythmless, white-boy, happy-dance here]

I'M SPAM! I'M SPAM! I'M SPAM!

Now if only I could make Snopes... :-)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

That is very cool. I'm so proud of our Papa.

He da man.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home