Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

I know I was lamenting on what to fix someone for their last anniversary, so I figured I'd just flat out ask them what they wanted. The way we Moms have worked it is there are a couple of Moms who are points for the rest of us... they're the ones that make the calls. The last thing that family needs is all of us calling, so my friend Michelle coordinates and we work through her. So I gave Michelle a list of my questions and she called.

Ziti is out. EVERYONE is making them ziti. Italian is easy to make and it freezes well. J.'s request was something along the lines of a Pot Roast, so that's what I'm making. It's not exactly what I was thinking, but it is not about me, it is about them. (I had volunteered to come to their home and cook an elaborate gourmet meal.) However, I make a good Pot Roast, so that is what they shall receive.

I am going to call her tomorrow, however. I don't have dessert figured out and although she says she does not eat dessert anymore, I want to know what her husband's favorite is and that is what I'll make. (She keeps saying I should make brownies as that's what the boys like. I'd just as soon make a nice dessert AND brownies.)

I'm going to the store tomorrow and getting them Anniversary balloons and I'll have the dinner complete with candles, candlesticks and matches, and I'm picking up a bouquet of flowers with vase.

So that's the plan. Pot Roast.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Bless you, Bou (May I call you Bou? I know you only through your blog, so it's not like we've been properly introduced!). It sounds like this isn't your first go-'round with taking care of folks with serious health problems (and I've been there, done that too), but it also sounds like you're doing a fine job with a very difficult situation. Your post yesterday about the last anniversary is a heart-breaker. May God bless you for helping a family deal with their loss.

10:00 AM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

This only confirms my theory about you D.

You are like an M&M, tough (albeit shiny and purty) shell, but nothing but sweet on the inside. I don't know where you are on the god thing, but he is definately working through you (and several others it appears) to help this family with a damned hard situation.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Yes, Bob, please call me Bou! Everyone does! And thank you for your kind words...

And LJ, I already e-mailed you. Thank you also.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home