Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Voting with Mr. Big Mouth

Obviously voting is a hot topic on the blogosphere right now. Pam had it HERE and Beth had it HERE. (The nice thing about knowing bloggers throughout your state is you can get other perspectives on state ballot issues. Thank you Pam!) Beth's Post was my inspiration for this one. We’re talking about early voting. So this is my deal:

I want to vote on the day of because it is tradition for me. I take my boys and we vote together and they see what I do. I think it’s important for them to SEE me vote so they understand how important I think it is. This is why I did NOT do the absentee ballot. Some didn’t do it because they were afraid their vote would get lost or not count… not me… I’m not that paranoid. I just want my boys to witness it as they did the last election.

Our vote early places are not going so smoothly so far. I’m keeping a pulse on it to see when things improve and then I MAY do it early… it’s just so traditional to do it on the day! ARRGGHHH!

This is a tight election year. My boys say this is a big topic amongst the kids at school. Kids are saying things like “Well, I’m voting for Bush!” to which I correct my sons and say, “No… they are NOT voting for Bush, THEIR parents are!” Bush seems to be favored in their school (surprise) although I am now very aware of what parents are voting for Kerry. *evil grin* Seriously, though, it makes me feel good knowing all these people really are going to vote.

My boys have asked me about Kerry and I told them that I think that Kerry is a lying undependable weasel and he scares the crap out of me and btw, he’s a scumbag. (I cited reasons.) Now something along those lines gets repeated sometimes when Kerry’s name comes up in the house. (They also know I can’t stand Bush, but I like Kerry less and that I loathe Teresa, but really like Laura. Many many borderline vulgar discussions on what I think of Mrs. Heinz. There is no doubt in their minds what I think of our potential First Lady. Blech.)

Ha! So here is my big concern. With as tight as this race is, I’m concerned I’m going to get to my voting computer (we have those here in Palm Beach County now… no more butterfly ballots or hanging/dangling chads for us!) and Son#3 will SHOUT something like, “MOM, MOM, MOM… DON'T FORGET, DON'T VOTE FOR THAT SCUMBAG KERRY!”

Keeping my fingers crossed on that one, that it doesn’t occur. If I vote on the traditional day, I happen to know that most people in my Precinct are Bush supporters. But if I go to the early vote place… it will be a mix. A quick solution of course is to tell everyone we don’t talk about any of the candidates at the voting place, only in our car, but Son#3 has impulse problems, as in he can’t control them, so you just never know… I’ll be living on the edge on voting day… whichever one that is! *grin*

7 Comments:

Blogger bothenook said...

send son #3 out here to california. i'll take him to the polling place, and pay him $20.00 to yell at me to remember not to vote for that scumbag kerry. hell, that would be a hoot. my kid's 24, and is not easily prodded to public displays, anymore. not since he got his ass whupped for being a royal and publicly loud and vulgar pain in the kiester in a restaurant when he was 8. hmm, maybe i'll take my granddaughter. i bet i can bribe her with just an ice cream cone. little ones are so easily bribed. they haven't discovered the true meaning of money yet.

11:42 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Damn, Bou! I'm smirking as I'm reading this, until I hit the "Don't vote for that Scumbag Kerry!!" I about spit all over the monitor!

The best part is, from the way you've described the "rolling ball of noise", I could picture the scene!

3:16 AM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Ok so there are some advantages of not having my sons talk yet. I would love to be at your voting center when you go to vote... I promise I wouldn't prod them too much. GRIN.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Tell him about the vote-pirates.

You know, the guys who dress like normal human beings in the polling place, but if they find out who you're voting for, they steal your vote, put it in their treasure chest, sail to a tiny island in the Caribbean, then bury it deep.

YARR!

It's why this country has secret ballots.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

My nephew thinks Democrat is a dirty word. (I really have to see if I can get a clip of it & put it on our blog). He's only 3 but I bet we could get him to say something obnoxious....

Evil plans are forming...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

This is an AWESOME post!!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us on the net. I'm going to take my 13 year old AND my 10 month old with me to vote.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I really really want to vote early. I am hoping my husband will test the waters tomorrow. He is always pressed for time on voting day. I just have to think the whole thing through.... :)

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home