Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It Happens to All Of Them...

Eventually a boy falls in love. It has happened. Yes, my friends, Son#1 is in love. OK, maybe it is just a crush, he is smitten, but it is there. Of course I am saying nothing to him about it, but I can tell, and I am just quietly smiling to myself and listening to him as he talks about her.

He is in love with his Math teacher.

How did I find out? Through my MOM! This weekend she was talking to him on the phone and she asked him the simple question of 'what is your favorite subject'. She knew the answer would be reading since he's a reading mad man. But it wasn't. It was Math. But he didn't just say Math. He said something along the lines of, "Math, because I have THE BEST Math teacher" or "Math, because I really like my Math teacher". When I got back on the phone she told me about it and she was saying how good it was to have a teacher that is so excellent in their field that it makes the subject a child's favorite.

I know his teacher. She's a high energy sweet young 26 year old. She's an absolute riot. Very demonstrative and she laughs all the time. She's a cute little blonde. And she's smart and you can tell she's smart. And... she is pregnant. All the kids (4th graders) are watching her body change as she becomes more obviously with child. She is a beautiful pregnant woman. She is looking more womanly.

Now I overhear conversatoins when he talks about this teacher. Wow, he can go on an hour dissertaton on what he loves about this teacher. She is also his writing teacher and he was lecturing my 2nd son on writing techniques and it was 'all about' what Mrs. D. says. "Mrs. D would NEVER pick a topic for us to have to write on! She says we need to use our imaginations and pick our own!" And on and on it went. It was hysterical.

And inside I was thinking...."First teacher crush". *grin*

4 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

If he's like me, he'll have 3 more before it's all over :-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

I remember my first teacher crush. She was actually a teacher's Aid/Student Teacher. Thanks to her I discovered the discomfort of popping wood in school.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

That is so sweet! I never had a teacher crush. All of our teachers were old & fat. I guess I missed out.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

I never had one either... I did have a Physics PA in college I thought was a real hotty.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home