Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Boudicca Draws Her Sword: Scary Terry Kerry

I haven’t drawn my sword in a while. It is overdue. Hat tip to the most lovely SarahK from Mountaineer Musings for the tip for this post.

To Teresa Heinz Kerry… I spit in your face. I have said from the beginning I did not like you. You just solidified it today. You say in THIS article (last paragraph) that you are not sure what real job Laura Bush held. That’s a mighty big thing to say… coming from a woman who came from wealth and who INHERITED her husband’s massive fortune upon his unfortunate and untimely death. Did you work for your money, Teresa, or were you just fortunate enough to both be born and marry into it? Last I read, and perhaps I am misjudging you, you didn’t make your millions. You were handed it. Yes, I give you credit that you haven’t squandered it… but let’s face it you PAY people to make sure things run smoothly. I don’t see you as the woman who made the company what it is or keeps it solvent.

Fortunately for you, someone YOU PAY noticed your faux pas (that is French for mistake, but you know that, don’t you) and you had to suddenly make amends and a public apology that is HERE.

Sorry little rich chicky girl, but I don’t buy it. To ADMIT you FORGOT that Laura Bush was a teacher is actually worse. It insinuates many things… 1) you don’t care about anyone other than yourself to bother to remember important facts, 2) you haven’t been paying attention since EVERYONE knows Mrs. Bush was a teacher in Texas… EVERYONE… even those who live under rocks, or 3) you speak before you think which I think is very scary… Terry. Perhaps you only see the First Lady position as a job where you get to live in the coolest house in the land, hobnob with the rich and famous (which you already do, but not in THE house), a place to go in permanent history, and a great way to get a dress in the Smithsonian… News Flash… it is a much more important job than that and YOU HAVE NOT EXHIBITED TO ME THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB!

You, Heiress Heinz, are LESS qualified for the job of First Lady than you husband is for President... and trust me... I don't see Johnny Boy as qualified.

To make matters worse, you not only dismissed her job as a teacher and librarian as ‘not a real job’… you completely dismissed her job as a Mother to her children! HOW.DARE.YOU. For further reading on how I feel about people like you… GO HERE!

I worked for a Fortune 50 company in the aerospace industry for 12 years in an engineering capacity. I had some great jobs with enormous responsibility and high visibility. I now stay home full time with my kids. As Karen Hughes, and Advisor to President Bush, so rightfully put it: ‘Heinz Kerry's apology made it worse because she left out the very important real job of a mother. Clearly she knows Laura Bush was a mother ... who chose to stay home and rear her family. That's a noble choice that should be celebrated not denigrated.’

Thank you Karen Hughes for jumping all over that one.

I must ask you, Teresa, Did you assist in the raising of your children AT ALL or did you have a staff of Nannies do it for you? That question is just begging to be asked because I can tell you now, any Mother I know that is worth her weight in salt, knows that Mothering is THE MOST IMPORTANT job she will ever have. And I speak for Mothers who stay home full time, stay home part time and work outside the home, and for those that work full time.

Let me make something perfectly clear, ‘oh holier than thou, born with the silver spoon, and who really really WANTS to live in that big white house’…there is NO more important job when you have children than being their Mother. NONE. And for you to forget that… that speaks volumes in itself and tells me more than anything else who and what you are. I do not like you Teresa Heinz Kerry. I do not like you at all.

So, Teresa Heinz Kerry, “A pox upon you and your ilk. May your rot.” You bitch.

14 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

I can't think of a better way to say it than what you said: "A pox upon you and your ilk. May your rot.” You bitch.

I totally agree with you.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I've been waiting for your response to this interview. I knew it would be something. I saw over at Jeff's that you had posted (I didn't expect a new posting until tonite) so I went and put on SPF 30, sunglasses and my oven mitts. I knew it'd be hot!!

As you know, I agree with you on this....Big Time.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bou - I think she did it because she does NOT want to be First Lady, not because she does! Can you think of any remark more calculated to make the majority of women in America very angry? Can you think of a more inept apology? It looks to me as if she's trying to sabotage her husband's campaign sort of under the radar.

Since I don't think she gives a hoot what most Americans think of her - she doesn't mind ticking off people she doesn't know in order to further her aims. Thats' my take on it anyway. I will start taking bets on how long she and John remain married after the election is over. I'm saying 6 months tops - she's looking for a divorce...

-- Teresa

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell 'er Bou! Like Tammi, was waiting on this one. Good job!
Laughing Wolf
(actually snickering right now)

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell 'er Bou! Like Tammi, was waiting on this one. Good job!
Laughing Wolf
(actually snickering right now)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

I really dislike Mrs. Kerry Hinze ketchup eating, used to be Republican, married to a Republican spoiled little rich, Tootsie looking woman.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

LW and Tammi... man, I am getting predictable in my old age!

Teresa... I think he won't divorce her because he likes the millionaire's life. HOWEVER, we CAN hope you are right!!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Ugh...Reading your post pissed me off and I sort of wrote a bit on my new blog about it(riversofblood.us). I hope you aren't upset, but damnit...I, myself, am neither an educator nor a mother and it really struck a chord in me that this bitch could make such trite statements regarding someone who has done more for society than she could EVER manage.

I hate responding to a well-written post because I don't feel I can do it justice, but...like I said in my post: "[I read about]...the completely scathingly condescending viewpoint Terry Kerry holds towards motherhood and teachers. Not that Mrs. I-can't-believe-I-married-a-fucktard made a particular statement, it was her complete disregard and DISRESPECT of the outstanding achievements of Laura Bush that pissed me off."

We luv you Bou! May your sword stay sharp and rust-free!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bou, you shouldn't stuff your feelings so much. It's not good for you. You really ought to just come right out and say what you really think about Tuh-ray-zah.
Between you wishing a pox on her and me hoping that The Hee-row's legs grow together that pair is getting a pretty good dose of bad vibes.
Peter

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Jeff - no trackback? This time I'm just sending people your way instead of ranting myself. Hope you don't mind.

http://freshasadaisy.us/index.php?p=132

1:35 AM  
Blogger j&c said...

Way to go, Bou!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Bou - so... what are you trying to say? :-)

Oh, and as for the trackback, you can get that from Haloscan, even if you don't use their comment service. Free sign up, then copy & paste a little code.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

It's just amazing that they haven't stopped this woman from speaking yet. Linking to you again- great rant!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Sword well placed and post well written!

Michele

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home