Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Concerning Breasts... Are We Leaving Someone Out?

I’m being completely serious when I write this. I’m not being flippant. I have yet to understand why the American Cancer Society hasn’t targeted men when it comes to October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And I’m not talking about because men can get it, which they can, but rather still targeting men, but for the prevention in women.

Hear me out.

Men love women’s bodies. I don’t understand why there hasn’t been some commercial targeting men to help women with breast exams once a month. It is lost on me. Men love to play with women’s breasts. So why aren’t men being included in the fight, something like, “Love her? Make keeping her around part of foreplay. Breast checks… Once a month.” I’m not that creative, but you catch my drift.

I’m not transferring this ownership to the man, it is OUR responsibility as women to take care of our own bodies, but sometimes some of us forget to do something like once a month breast exams. Of course none of us have forgotten to have sex. So I just don’t see why that can’t be used.

So from me to you… my male readers… breast exams are pretty easy to do. Chances are your significant other already knows how to do them, so ask her, or link HERE. The entire exam is so easy, making it a part of foreplay is a piece of cake. And honestly, you may very well know her breasts better than she does.

Just a thought.

Update: Jody at IowaGeek had a great suggestion about putting something in publications men read. Anyone have any connections to the American Cancer Society and/or Men's Health , GQ, Sports Illustrated and any other heavily read magazines by men?

6 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

PING

(poor man's trackback)

http://badexample.mu.nu/archives/049409.php

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bou, i actually have forgotten to have sex, so i'm in trouble either way, eh? :)

sarahk

12:11 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm sure someone would find offense in a commercial. But they caould easily put it in men's magazines. Well, maybe not Playboy....

Thanks for the insight. I've linked your post to our site so I hope your idea makes the rounds.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Check the armpits too". Do as he *says*, not as he does ;-)

Sally

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn... Beth beat me to it on the reciprocal testicle exams. And for once, I was perfectly serious about that one.

Bou, your idea is an excellent one (and yes, a Madison Avenue type could probably improve on your sample slogan some... *LOL*).

I have yet to meet a woman who didn't enjoy occasionally fondling her man's balls. Speaking personally, as long as she's gentle, I like it being done to me. Speaking statistically, testicular and prostate cancer kills just as many men every year as breast cancer kills women.

If we can help our mates live longer, and give each other sexual pleasure at the same time, I'm all for it. A true win-win situation.

Jeff of Au fait

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I almost posted on the testicular exams too... one for the other, but didn't. I should have now in hindsight. I'm glad y'all mentioned it.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home