Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Perspective

I have this Post I’ve written, that I think the men will laugh, the women will *gasp* and my Mom might get kind of pissed... but the daggum server is down for the links required. It is a true story, but I need these links. As soon as the links are up, I’m posting… but if it looks like they’re never coming back up… I’ll just have to describe, which I would rather not do... the old 'picture is worth a thousand words' thing. So I’m praying to the server Gods that it’s up soon.

Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me and the best I could manage was a recipe Post. However, I had a great time with VW and her boys at our weekly breakfast, before my day went to hell, where I held an actual conversation with her formerly mute boy, Son#1, who seems to have found his voice. I got to the van and said, “Hi, Son#1” to which he actually replied “Hi, Dawny!” You could have knocked me down. I said, “And how are you?” and he actually answered with a “Good”. He talked through breakfast. Of course I didn’t understand a daggum thing, VW had to translate, but it was good to hear his little voice.

Her 2nd Son, who never lets me violate the safety perimeter, actually let me stroke his cheek and hold him. He’ll love this crazy lady one day, as much as she loves him.

So those were real highlights. And then most importantly we got BeeBee’s good news that her grandson, Adored One, is doing well after heart surgery.

If I add up the little crappy things that really pissed me off, stressed me out, and put me in a wicked funk, I think my day was a damn good day when I add in BeeBee’s news and my jaunt with VW and her boys. Actually, BeeBee's news alone did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home