Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Night That Never Ends....

Have you ever gotten up in the middle of the night thinking it was time to get up? I hate it when that happens. I got up at 1:30AM, looked over and didn’t see my spouse because it was too dark and my eyes weren’t adjusted. I assumed he had already gotten up, taken a shower, shaved, and was now awakening the boys. I evidently dreamed at some point that it was 6:30 and when I didn’t ‘see’ him next to me, I assumed I overslept.

I bolted out of bed and walked into the kitchen… to find it dark. I couldn’t see the kid’s lights on either. A glance at the kitchen clock showed me what time it was. I was confused and crawled back into bed with the confirmation that yes, in fact, it was 1:30 AM by looking at my clock.

Back to sleep, I kept dreaming that we were planning a 2nd funeral, 5 years later for my mother in law. My sister in law, the hippy from CA, was in town at their old home, calling me, 2nd guessing every decision I made. (There is a reason for this part of the dream.) Then I began questioning why we were doing this again and she kept telling me, “Because she died… again” as if I were stupid. It was frustrating and sad… and then I kept waking up on the hour, every hour: 2:34, 3:34, 4:34 until it really was 6:30. Needless to say, today I was a zombie.

4 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Oh Bou. Take a nice hot bubbly bath, drink your favorite drink and remember all these great stories about your kids before climbing into bed and shutting your eyes. I hate waking up in the middle of the night for any reason. Worse when it is from dreaming (or is that considered a nightmare). Hope tonight is better!

7:05 AM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Oh Bou. Take a nice hot bubbly bath, drink your favorite drink and remember all these great stories about your kids before climbing into bed and shutting your eyes. I hate waking up in the middle of the night for any reason. Worse when it is from dreaming (or is that considered a nightmare). Hope tonight is better!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

If I were a psychiatrist, I'd speculate that the dream had to do with unexpectedly getting slammed with ANOTHER hurricane when you thought that you'd already gotten your fair share, i.e. reliving a stressful event that you thought was over.

But I'm not a psychiatrist :-)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Hunh, Harv, I never thought about it that way. Two deaths, same person, two hurricanes, hitting the same place. Could be!

The part with my sister in law 2nd guessing comes from her 2nd guessing what assisted living facility we're looking at for my father in law... like she wants to come here and do it for us or have him go out there and live near her in CA. Phht. She has no frickin' say as far as I'm concerned.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home