Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Carnival of the Recipes

Well unfortunately, this is a recipe that I cook from taste, so see if you can follow and make it out. It's super easy and it's a monthly staple in this household. This recipe is great with baked potatoes and fresh steamed green beans.

Ingredients:
Worcestershire Sauce
Chicken breasts (as many 1/2 breasts as you need to feed the people at your table)
Olive Oil
Onion (1/2 large onion per 4 breast halves)
Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (app 8 oz per 4 breast halves)
Garlic Powder
Provolone Cheese
*OPTION: Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

Trim the fat off the breast halves. Poke with a fork and put in a bowl, covering them with Worcestershire Sauce. Let marinate in the refrigerator. I prefer an hour, but I have let it marinate for as little as it takes to cook mushrooms and onions.

Thinly slice onion and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms and onion in a skillet in Olive Oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder while cooking. I prefer my mushrooms very well sauteed.

Place chicken in 9x13 and pour the Worcestershire sauce over the chicken. If you like spicy, sprinkle chicken with Creole Seasoning. Be very careful, as this seasoning is hot. If serving to children, leave the seasoning out. (I never use the seasoning anymore as my kids won't eat it.) Cover chicken with sauteed mushrooms and onions.

Place chicken in 350 deg oven for 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Put a slice of Provolone on each chicken breast and place back in oven until melted.

Eat.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like an awesome recipe. I think it would taste best if I could convince someone else to do all of the stuff before where it says, "Eat." (that's where I would come into the picture).

Seriously... how do we participate in this carnival? I have a recipe or two that folks might be interested in (yes, I'm a guy who loves cooking - there're a few of us around!)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry - forgot to sign that post!

Jeff from Au Fait

8:55 AM  
Blogger pamibe said...

Makes my mouth water AND looks simple enough for even me...! A winner! :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

I think we cook alike - by taste, smell and sight. People always ask me for recipes, and it's hard for me, because I don't have anything written down. It's just, hmmm...how many people do I need to feed, and what do I want to cook, like chicken etc. From there, it's just judgement on the proportions of the ingredients.

1:18 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

http://www.thedonovan.com/beth/archives/cat_carnival_of_the_recipes.html

Gives you the old recipes and tells you how to participate. But basically, put the recipe on your blog and send the appropriate link to

recipe.carnival(at)gmail(dot)com

by midnight Thursdays. Or just send the recipe to above email address. There are some great recipes out there from mexican chicken in a slow cooker to using tater tots. Enjoy!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bou, is there another way to cook than by taste? that's why all my Carnival entries are like "uh, throw in about this much and see if it tastes good." :)

sarahk

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My expectation that this will taste great is based on the fact that I used to do something similar, but simpler. I would treat the chicken breasts with the whatsthishere sauce and then broil them. My wife is a big fan of chicken fried steak so I decided to balance it with steak broiled chicken - and it worked.

triticale - the wheat / rye guy

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home