Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 08, 2004

School Days, School Days...

I am laughing at Angela over at Fresh as a Daisy. She is teasing saying her little one has basically not gone to school this year either. But for different reasons. And it makes me laugh.

One September, my sister in law and I were going through the calendar and we realized that her kids were not going to school one full week for the entire month. Labor Day, ½ day teacher planning days, religious holidays… you name it… not a full week. I think we got to mid-October before we hit a full week of school with full days.

I shake my head. Was it like this when we were kids? (Wow, did I age myself or what? “When we were kids we NEVER had vacation! NEVER!!!! They didn’t even let us off for Christmas! We opened our gifts then went to school. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!! *grin*)

Seriously, though, the whole thing makes me laugh. I will say…with our two hurricanes… all our half days are going away. Lots of 1/2 days off are just “POOF!”, disappearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home