Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

He did it to Himself

My husband has been gone since Thursday morning. He walks in this evening from his trip and Son#3 greets him at the door with a big hug. My husband scoops him up, my son squeezes him and says, "Daddy, I have something important to tell you. The fart machine isn't working anymore". Buwaahhahahahah! That was his greeting.

So my husband says to him, "Let me take a look" and then answers, "Don't worry, it just needs new batteries."

Needs new batteries?! I was wondering why I was no longer hearing the sounds of electronic farts emanating from every corner of my house, in my car, in my sleep. The batteries had died. Do you realize how much they must've played with that thing for it to quit working? The ONLY place they did not play with it was in school. Otherwise, it was perpetually ON.

Guess what I'm in for this week? Every time they get in the car from school I'll hear, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, did you get new batteries for our Fart Machine today? Hunh? Didya, Mom? Hunh, Didya? "

Like that should be my #1 priority in life... keeping their fart machine stocked in batteries.

9 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Bou, are you telling me your #1 Son has not figured out that you probably have batteries left in your hurricane stash? I would consider yourself lucky. Huge GRIN.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I was thinking the same thing Bug.

Yeah Bou, you're gonna have to just bite the bullet quickly on this one. The good news is maybe they'll get tired of it soon if they just over play it! (wishful thinking, I'm sure, but it's all I got)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

What's a fart machine?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

That's normal. In fact I'm surprised you did not run out and grab new batteries as soon as you heard they where dead! For shame!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Contagion said! Shame on you for not making batteries for the Flatulence Flinger priority number one! I would have thought that keeping your "Men" happy would mean more to you. I don't even know who you ARE anymore! ;^)

Seriously though. I don't blame you a bit for dragging your feet (if indeed you are). I think that after the first five or six days even "I" would get tired of the fart box.

Johnny - Oh
Closet Extremist

7:02 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

With that many males in your household, who needs a fart machine!

We're using the same template.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Stu- It's remote controlled and makes fart noises. If you click on the link, there is my post on when he bought it. At the bottom is a link to what it is... it takes you to a page with it on there.

Norma- I stopped by your place! I took the test and ended up Progressive Girl. Hmm. It pretty much nailed me except the part about my ever starting a sentence with "Susan Sarandon says... " Blech!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh and for he rest of you... the remote doesn't take Hurricane batteries! It takes ittie bittie batteries...

8:14 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Bou,

Now I am going to have to kill you.

My husband somehow made his way from my site to yours. And came across this post with the LINK to the fart machine. Ya had to include the link, didn't ya??

Now, he showed it to the kids and they are begging me for a fart machine of their very own.

Anita

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home