Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

West Palm Beach: 1045

The Great Omnipotent One is posting this for me. I don’t have internet access as my ISP is down, although I still do have power.

I was joined in my bed by son #3 about one AM, as he could hear the winds whipping around the house. We were getting more intense feeder bands every hour to hour and a half starting around midnight.

I have to say, Jim Cantors has lost his luster. As a matter of fact, I’m starting to hate the entire weather channel staff. I hate the music. I hate that light blue color. And that guy standing off Juno Beach is a dork. I question his IQ at this point. As Laughing Wolf said in one of my comments, “Let’s see if one of those guys gets blown away, and then we’ll see how much their cameraman really likes them.”

No matter who takes the direct hit, we’re getting a grunch of rain, and we’re already getting the wind. I went outside to take in my neighbor’s recycle bins about two hours ago. They took the bins outside and then evacuated. What were they thinking? Anyway, I heard this high pitched noise… very odd. I listened closer and realized it was all the birds in the area in a high-pitched hysteria. I thought animals and birds had a sixth sense for this stuff. It’s a bit late for them to go west now. They’re toast. I’m going to be really unhappy if I find little bird bodies all over my yard tomorrow. We’ve already lost one tree.

We’re secure here now. I gave the kids their last shower (TGOO’s note: she hosed down the rolling ball of noise.) in case we lose power, and the tub and washing machine are filled with water.

I’m over shrimp and chocolate chip cookies, by the way. The rest of my shrimp can go bad, I don’t care. I’m not eating anymore.

And FYI Juno Beach is about 15-20 miles northeast of me. Jupiter Beach Inlet is just north of it. North Palm Beach is 10-15 directly east. Palm Beach Gardens is five miles east. The Intracoastal Waterway runs between NPB and PBG. This is just in case you hear of any of these places on the news.
BT
TGOO sends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Bou,

Post when your safe and let us know that you, your hubby and the "rolling ball of noise" are all okay. Keeping fingers crossed and prayers said for you.

Be safe and be careful.

12:02 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Bou-Glad to hear you're doing ok, and that Hairy Cane has been downgraded. Now if only you could get it to shove off!

TGOO-Thanks for posting!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home