Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Strange and Odd Noises

On Wednesday night we were on our way out for dinner for my birthday. Palm Beach County has been under curfew since the hurricane hit. On Monday and Tuesday, it was 8PM, so we assumed it was still 8 on Wednesday. (We were wrong, it was 10.) So we were scrambling to get to a restaurant we knew was open at 5, so we would be able to eat and get home before curfew. We knew it could be crowded and we had to factor in time for a wait.

We were on our way out the door when we heard a sound. My spouse and I looked around and I said, "Was the the house alarm?" He shook his head. We heard it again. He said, "What is that? Is that your cell phone?" I replied, "No, my cell isn't working yet. Is it yours?" He said it was not. We heard the sound yet again and we looked at each other and started to laugh. It was our telephone.

We hadn't heard it in three days and weren't expecting it to ring again until the 18th and possibly the 24th. In our heads, that sound was gone and we did not expect to hear it again any time soon. We still laugh about it. Who would think that one would not recognize the sound of their own phone? Heh.

1 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Talking about phone companies. They actually told me my phone line which was laying on the ground would be fixed by Sept 30th. They showed up TODAY and fixed it. Whoa.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home