Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Carnival of the Recipes!

Yikes! I almost forgot. I was so caught up in my world here. I need to get out of FL.

OK, this week's recipes is a Salad Dressing. I know, you're thinking, "Wha? Salad dressing? Just buy the stuff in the bottle!" Ahhh... but to me, the quest was to find the ultimate Bleu Cheese dressing and although I do like Marie's Chunky Bleu Cheese (found in the refrigerated section of a supermarket near you), when I found this... I knew my quest was over. The Bleu Cheese in the bottle on the regular shelves tastes like Vinegar. Bleh. Be careful with this if you are a Bleu Cheese fan... you can put on some serious poundage. Or you may find your eating companion saying, "Ummm... would you like some salad with that dressing?"

Bleu Cheese Dressing

· ¾ Cup sour cream
· ½ tsp dry mustard (Colemans)
· ½ tsp. Black pepper
· ½ tsp. Salt
· 1/3 tsp. Garlic powder
· 1 tsp. Worchester sauce
· 1 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
· 8 oz bleu cheese
(Do NOT buy it crumbled. Buy it in the brick. Treasure Cove or Cave is what I use. If you buy that you will get instant flavor. If you buy the expensive Maytag, if you can find it, the dressing needs to sit for 18 hours before it has a bleu cheese taste.)

Combine first 6 ingredients in mixing bowl and blend for 2 minutes at low speed. Add mayonnaise and blend at low speed another minute, then increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Crumble 4 ozs of the bleu cheese and blend at low speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. Crumble last 4 ounces of bleu cheese in larger chunks and blend by hand being careful not to break the bleu cheese up too much. Cover and set in refrigerator for at least 18 hours before using if made with the expensive bleu cheese. If you use the cheaper stuff, you can eat it right away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sounds good. I'll make it this weekend.

BeeBee

PS I forgot to put my name down on the last comment. Sorry, So here it is again.

BeeBee

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been a huge fan of bleu cheese dressing, but I've never even thought of making it myself. I'll definately have to try it.

Johnny - Oh

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home