Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

It's like Guava to Maple

While my husband went into town to check on his business, I decided not to wait and to just start hauling trees to the front. All tree limbs do not weigh the same. I could take a limb twice my size from a maple tree and would have to use my full body weight as I pulled it the half acre to the edge of the yard, breathing heavily and having to rest before I resumed. I could take the same size guava tree limb and haul them to the front all day long. I never expected that.

And I have this POS orange tree that bears the worst fruit ever produced in the history of the world. It is sour and bitter and awful and I hate that tree. Can you believe it is the only tree still standing in the wind alley between our home and the neighbor's? I walked out thinking, "Die Tree Die!" and it's still standing there... just waiting to yet again defiantly produce the worse inedible fruit known to mankind. Bah! We own a chain saw now. It should be very very afraid.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh...stop eating the fruit, maybe? :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Orange trees have only one purpose and that is to eat the fruit. Otherwise they are really dirty trees. The fruit falls and rots on the ground, bringing rats and rodents. We ate the fruit one year, convinced it was poisoned with Canker. Then the Ag Dept checked it (they check all orange trees) and it was deemed canker free. TGOO was in one time on vacation and he grabbed a few oranges and agreed it was awful! We are big big citrus lovers in this house! So now that crappy little 5 foot tree is all ready to spread it's rancid bitter fruit upon my lawn next season unless I get that chain saw taken to it.

7:58 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Ok, I had a Dancy Tangerine, a Honeybell (with oranges on it) and a Keylime. Today, I will check to see which ones survived. But when things settle down, I will propably go buy some more WITH edible fruit. How about you join me? I'll make sure you get a citrus tree with edible fruit. GRIN

6:30 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Take the chainsaw... girdle the tree... laugh maliciously at its impending slow, painful death.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home