Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Hunkering Down in the Panhandle

My folks are hunkering down and preparing for Ivan. This is going to get ugly. I keep logging onto all my favorite hurricane tracking sites, including the National Hurricane Center which probably feeds off of the Navy site I watch. That sucker keeps drifting west a little bit at a time. I just don’t want my folks to take a direct hit. It appears to be an inevitability at this point that they’re getting something, but I just as soon it not be direct.

And those people in Louisiana. Geezoweez. For y’all not from the South, let me tell you about La. Those folks have such a high water table they bury their dead above ground. Ivan hits there and I just can’t even imagine what’s going to happen.

So positive thoughts, prayers, vibes, hurricane-dissipation dances if you do them, anything... to get that bad boy down to a Cat 1 or make it just go away. Poof! It could happen! It could!

BTW, if you click on that Hurricane Center site you'll see there is a Tropical Depression heading this way. Lovely. Just lovely.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I'm doin' the anit-hurricane dance now. Please, please,please let it either go away or turn into a Cat 1. We'll be watching.

And the tropical storm? Yeah, saw that this morning. *rolling eyes*

PLEASE is it November yet?

9:37 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

My folks are hankern' down as well. Now if we had a cat 4/5 headed our way, we would be "getting the hell out of Dodge". Exactly WHY are they staying???? Just because they are above sea level doesn't mean they are safe. Sigh... I keep dancing/praying/shouting and everything else I can do to hope it gets SMALLER before hitting land.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To dance in the eye of a hurricane is to truly experience life.
TGOO

10:59 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Yeah, well, your neighbors without hurricane shutters might prefer you stay clothed while doing your eye of the hurricane dance!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home