Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Puke-U

I'm obviously not in Pt. St. Lucie in the shelters. My neighbor ended up not having to work which worked out well since Son#3 came down with a stomach virus last night at exacly midnight. I thought it was food poisoning at first, as it was 4 hours after we had gotten home from eating at their favorite Japanese restaurant. But he is the only one with it, and since we ate Habachi, we would all have it if it was poisoning.

Many of you without children may wonder what we parents do when we pace the floor with sick children. Well you definitely feel bad, but then it becomes kind of mind numbing if you're not scared, and you start playing mind games. For instance, as you pace the floor, you may find some rhythm that fits some song you have in your head. Matching syllables of words to foot steps. Then there is the whole 'calculating the square footage of the room' thing I have done many times. But last night, I found myself doing something different.

Now those that know me, know I am not creative. I can only write what I see. I can't come up with stuff like other very talented bloggers. So this is a stretch for me.

I invented what I now call "Puke-U's". They're like Haiku's but they're about puking. Lovely, huh? Of course I tried to stick with 5, 7, 5, but since they're my invention, sometimes it is 6, 8 ,5 or whatever the syllables breakdown to. Feel free to add yours in my comments. I am sure they will be immensely better than mine. 1) I'm not creative and 2) I was doing mine with no sleep.

Washing Towels and Sheets
Young Barfing Boy Breathes On Mom
She catches it for Sure

Stomach Virus at Midnight
Boy Barfing Creates Sleepless Night
Mom and Dad are Tired

No More Habachi
Up Chuck Noodles are Icky
Stick with Miso Soup

Puking Now is Good
During Hurricane Would Suck
Barf Towels, No Power, Yuck

Thank you. Thank you. The last one is my fave.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't do Haikus, but how about a limerick?

There once was a wee lad from Crete,
Who barfed one night on his sheet,
Said his mom with a grin
As she wiped off his chin
You stink, but I still think you’re sweet.

TGOO

3:54 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Ha! That is much better than anything I produced! LOL!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

What a talented family you are! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

(grinning) Nice, very nice!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

"I'm not creative!"

I officially call bullshit! :-)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Coming up with three lines about vomiting is not the same as creating a whole daggum story about a puppy blender! Hell, my 5 year old could come up with three lines. My 9 year old's would probably actually be funny!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Childhood virus spreads
Upon the carpet and bed
Beware slippery trails

Hurricane floods rise
Ground drinks too much water
Earth pukes up trees

Hurricane virus yuck
No more puking…please
Hurricane virus sucks

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cancun get-away
A Montazuma's revenge
Days of pooping- ewww!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home