Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Tales of a Time with Tammi

The boys and I met Tammi for dinner on Friday night. I was so nervous. I just never know what in the hell is going to come out of their mouths. Sometimes they are so sweet and sometimes they just…. Aren’t.

When we went down to see her, I knew it was her immediately. What I noticed first when she stood is that she stands tall. I LOVE THAT! I have met so many tall women who evidently don’t like it, so they slouch. Not Tammi. It is awesome! She is as I pictured, tall and willowy and she has sparkly eyes that go with her laughter. She is quick to laugh and it is infectious.

We went to dinner and the boys were making me nervous. They would talk some, but were being goofy. Son#2 would only talk like Dori from Finding Nemo. Son#3 was having a fit because I wouldn’t order him a $20 steak and I made him settle for pizza. Son#1 was having a monster allergy attack which had started earlier in the morning but was gaining speed. Tammi just acted like this was normal and just kept talking to them until suddenly they acted like she was just a part of their lives. Next thing I know, there is some competition going on as to who can do the weirdest things with their bodies. It started with Tammi’s feet and moved up to my boys folding their ears into little boxes (Son#1 must have no cartilage in his ears), bending fingers, and doing odd things with their tongues. Then we moved on to what would hurt more… a true competition on who has been hurt the worst. I still think Tammi’s story of going into anaphylactic shock from a fire ant bite won, and sensing that, Son#3 starting telling stories of people he knew that got bitten by sharks (there is question as to the validity of the story) and then we moved onto hypothetical things like getting fingers cut off. It went like this, “Oh yeah? Well, Tammi, Tammi, Tammi, what do you think? Do you think it would hurt worse to have a sting ray sting you through your foot or have your finger cut off?”

She came back with us to the pool so she and I could actually talk while the boys swam and Son#3 was so comfortable with her, I found him running through the hotel room in his Spiderman underwear like she was family. He’s not that modest, although he did insist on actually putting on his bathing suit in the bathroom. She got to see all of them in full form and luckily I felt like it was one of their better sides. Whew.

Tammi is awesome with kids. I could have watched her interact with my boys for hours. She completely engages them and talks to them as people. She's the kind of person that you know if she were a neighbor and you got in a bind, you would trust your kids with her 100%.

I just truly had the best time talking to her. She is so damn funny and we talked so much taking so many tangents, when she left I was even more excited about our September dinner because there are SO MANY MORE things for us to continue on about.

And we both agreed wholeheartedly that we feel very blessed in our blog families and with the cool bloggers we’ve met in this way cool blogosphere. It was kind of a hero worship thing. We really enjoyed talking about the great things we’ve been seeing and reading on the blogosphere. It was a whole lotta fun!

I’m sorry to say we don’t have pix. I never thought about my camera for dinner. In September I’ll take my digital and we’ll see if we can find a waitress to snap a few shots. We’ll obviously have to be sitting as I am really comfortable being short and only wear flats so there is always a nice height differential!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

*blush*

It was a really great evening. I can't WAIT til Sept!!!!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad Boudicca! And Bad tammi for that matter. no pictures? That's it! Go to your room and think about what you've done.

What? Huh? I feel like I was channelling Harvey there for a minute. Glad you both had a good time. I've found that bloggers are generally pretty cool folks (The two that I've actually met). Could you imagine a Bad Example family reunion? I think that would be a complete blast!

Johnny - Oh
Closet Extremist

11:44 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Bad Example family reunion?

I guess we'd have to notify the police & fire departments ahead of time... :-)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Actually Harvey, as long as the grocery stores had plenty of Reddi-Whip, chocolate sauce and carmel we'd be ok. If not - then yeah, better be put on high alert!!

Actually - that really would be a great time!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Hey the rate the family is growing, there may not be a city big enough to contain us all!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home