Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, August 16, 2004

The Snack Prayer

The shine of School seems to have worn off, this our 2nd week. Last week was comprised of three days, all half days. This is our first full week back. We’re having to pull them out of bed as they hide, like we will actually stop trying to awaken them, “Oh, look honey, our son is gone! Maybe he ALREADY left for school.” Yeah right.

Son#1 woke up in a piss poor mood, akin to the one he went to bed with. He and I had a fight before he went to sleep, his fault. All weekend I kept saying, “Do you have any homework” and the reply was “No.” Then as he’s going to bed last night he says, “Oh Mom, I need all my book covers put on my books by tomorrow. Here they are.” Of course I was pissed and totally went off on him about “Poor planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.” Then when he woke up and realized that all the luncheon ham that we had bought for school lunches, all ½ lb, had been eaten by Son#3 for lunch the day before… he was in a really foul mood. Yes, my youngest sat down at the lunch table yesterday with ½ lb of ham cold cuts and ate the whole thing in one sitting. No bread. Just sat there and ate meat. He’s not joining PETA anytime soon.

And Son#3, he’s over kindergarten. Forget the Care Bear thing; he’s over all of it. This morning:
Son#3, “Mom, why does my teacher yell so much?
Me: “Does she yell more than I?”
S3; “Yeah”
Me: stunned, “Really? Wow. That’s a lot. Well, she has 25 little people to be heard over and I only have 3.”
S3, “And why does she sing all those stuuuuuupid songs?” He is now mimicking his hands opening and closing singing in a really stupid voice, “Gooooodbyyye, Gooodbbyyye” Must be some sort of Goodbye song.

I’m laughing and finally said, “Well, you can complain all you want to me and you can imitate and make fun all you want to me, but in school, be nice and tolerate her stuuuuuupid songs.”

I’m still laughing. He’s so small but he has so much damn attitude.

OH! And I heard Son#3 say this afternoon, ‘In the Name of the Father, the Son…' , and he stopped.
I replied, "What's the last part?" to which he said, "and the Holy Spirit."
I said, “Do you know what that's called?” and he said matter of factly, “Yes. The snack prayer.”
I wonder if the Pope knows that the Holy Trinity is "The Snack Prayer.”

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your kids. If my little one ends up with half the personality of any of yours, I'll be doing great.

PFB

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book covers? They still do that? I used to LOVE putting book covers on Morrigan's books. */;-)
TGOO

9:35 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I wondered how the book cover thing turned out. :-)

And I can't say a word about the luncheon meet. I've always done that!!! Meat is our friend.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

"Poor planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine."

Oh yeah. I'm stealing that.

And the Snack Prayer? Cracked me up. I asked my guy what he knew about the trinity, and (not being Catholic), he threw his hands about and said it was something like "In the name of my father, my mother, and all these other people, Amen."

Men.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

“Poor planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.”

That is a staple saying of mine. I especially love to use it at work when someone else wants me to spend a lot of extra time in the building helping them fix their screw up.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home