Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, August 16, 2004

I Could Do That... *Ahem*

The front page of our paper today has a picture of President Bush, visiting the devastation in FL and hugging a woman, obviously providing comfort. I looked at that picture and thought, ‘I bet he gives good hugs. I could hug that man.’ He just looks like he gives good hugs. I don’t like hugging someone that is uncomfortable with it; I don’t like invading people’s space. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t go around hugging strangers, but there are times and places that it happens, family events, weddings etc, and I hate hugging someone who is uncomfortable about it.

President Bush looks very comfortable with hugging. He wraps his arms around and pulls close. He doesn’t move his face way off to the side. He looks like a good hugger. I could hug him and be very happy. And he looks like he smells nice. *grin*

I’m also laughing because this is so not me, looking at a picture of someone and thinking, “Wow, I bet he smells nice” or “I bet he hugs well”. I’m not a visual paper type person in that way. I typically have to actually be in someone’s presence, even if it is distant to make any judgment on that. How someone moves, their eyes, stuff like that comes into play with me. Which is what skeeves me out about Kerry. If I were some victim of a hurricane and he were to come visit and was doling out hugs, I’d quietly move away. I wouldn’t want to hug him. He doesn’t look like he smells nice to me. Oh and we just won’t go into the rest. Blech.

But, I could hug President Bush.

4 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

Yeah, I want to hug him too. (looking down and kicking dirt) Shucks....=)

3:39 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

eh, I'm not a hugger, I'm not a toucher. I generally like to keep most people 2-5 feet away from me. It drives my wife batty.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I'll bet Kerry wears some kind of aftershave that's bitterly pungent, but he buys it because it's really expensive.

W's probably an Old Spice guy :-)

9:24 AM  
Blogger pamibe said...

I can't tell you how often I've thought that! Given the chance, I'd elbow Laura out of the way and go in for that hug! LOL!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home