Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Yeee Haawww!!!!

I am leaving this afternoon for 2 weeks with kids. I’ll be blogging from my folk’s or my sister’s homes.

My folks live 9 hours away, in Pensacola. For those who don’t know Florida, it’s in the panhandle, on the Gulf Coast, real close to Alabama. Actually, probably about 10 minutes from Alabama. It’s God’s country up there, with sugar white beaches and warm Southern Hospitality. I live in Palm Beach County, which, if you look at a map, you’ll see a big lake in the southern center of the ‘pan’, and I’m SE of that lake. So it’s 9 hours, in the car, with three kids. This is where my mantra comes into play. “It’s all about the snacks.” If you have good snacks, everything else works out.

We’ll spend a week with them, doing our Annual Family Reunion on the 4th, which is a blast and I will evidently have to blog about. Or at least feel compelled to. I have to take off for a couple days and go to DC for a convention and my folks and better half will stay with the kids. From there, my better half will fly home and I’ll make my way to Atlanta to stay with my sister and visit friends.

I’m looking forward to it, in particular to getting out of my house which has been under construction for 9 months. No matter how patient you think you are, 9 months of construction gets really old… no matter how nice the subcontrators are.

I’ve been packing for two days. I have a habit of under packing… believe it or not. At least my Mom and I are near the same size so I can borrow her clothes when I have to. Last time she was in town, I went to the Gap with her to help her find a pair of low rider khakis. When she tried on the size 4 and they fit I thought, “There should be a law that says Moms can’t look better than their daughters!”

So until tomorrow… I have something icky up my sleeve to post on. I’ve been holding off since I don’t know exactly what to think. I’m looking forward to y’all’s take on it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, Sis! See you soon.

Sally

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home