Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Movies coming down the pike...

While at the movies Saturday night, we saw previews for Alien vs. Predator. Is it just me or does it seem like a modern day Godzilla vs. King Kong? I saw Alien 1 and 2 and Predator. (Did they make a Predator 2?) I am just going to have to pass on what they are calling “AVP”.

Also, there was a preview for I, Robot. That has spurred me to have to run out and buy the book. John and Beth both recommended in Beth’s blog (sorry I can't find the exact link... she has a lot of archive!) a month or so ago, and now I have to read the book before I see the movie. Of course, I’ll see it. It’s an action film. My husband will insist.

There was also the preview for M. Night Shyamalan’s new movie, The Village. I hear people say they haven’t liked some of his movies, but I have to say, I’ve enjoyed them all, so I’m looking forward to it coming out, even though it’s going to scare the bejesus out of me. I’m one of those people that puts their hands over their eyes and peeks through their fingers or pulls their knees up to their chins, kind of like a pseudo sitting fetal position.

Then, there was some movie about a Zebra that horse races… I am hoping to pass on, but if it gets a G rating, may end up seeing it with the boys, who had me see Garfield last week. I actually pulled a Great Omnipotent One and tried to sleep during it, but it was too noisy. Do you ever catch yourself doing something and think, “Oh my Mom/Dad does that?” Well, as I was leaning my head back, slowly, on the back of the seat, and ever so slowly closing my eyes I thought of TGOO. I’ve seen him do that way too many times when he is bored out of his mind.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there was a Predator 2. Starred Danny Glover. Wasn't half bad. It was all bad!!! No, it was pretty good. But that would be from a guy who loved the first one!

That 1 Guy

1:35 AM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

Don't forget Spiderman 2!!! I am going to the midnight screening tonight, and am very excited.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

OH I did see Predator 2! I forgot about Danny Glover. He was one of my favorite actors for awhile.

I'll still pass on AVP. I just can't do it. I will just get too many mental images of King Kong vs. Godzilla. However, I DO WANT to see Spiderman 2! I'll be seeing that this weekend. Unfortunately my 5 year old wants to see it in the worst way. I don't think it will be age appropriate.

7:58 PM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

Spiderman is fine for children, he actually teaches about personal responsibility, and being courageous in the face of adversity. Oh, and he's awesome!

S2 is simply amazing by the way. It shows the great contrast between what we want, and what our commitments are. It does so in a fantasy environment, sure. And, it dazzles the senses, and tugs at the heart-strings....just wow.

2:49 AM  
Blogger littlejoe said...

Spiderman is fine for children, he actually teaches about personal responsibility, and being courageous in the face of adversity. Oh, and he's awesome!

S2 is simply amazing by the way. It shows the great contrast between what we want, and what our commitments are. It does so in a fantasy environment, sure. And, it dazzles the senses, and tugs at the heart-strings....just wow.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who, for a while, had to deal with "Movie Licences being turned into bad games" and all of the associated crap that went with it I think that basing these movies of a comic book licence is, well, a cheap way of studios making money from the flimsiest of premisis. Comic book readership is usually too small to guarantee a decent ROI for the studios and although this may be based off 2 franchises that had decent names the last three films in these particular franchises did poor box office returns comparatively.

Add to this producer, executive producer, studio insistence on making things better (I remember Alien3 and the 47, yes count them, 47 script changes, removal of guns, etc). It bodes poorly for the AVP film sadly.

Alex

6:02 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

The preview for AVP definitely shows they spared no expense in the special effects department.

Spiderman 2, I think it will do well and is an exception to the comic book rule since it's so popular, whether you do comics or not. Spidey1 did very well. However, you are right, the last few based on comic books have done very very poorly.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home